Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

cripps
cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
Hi everyone hope you are well, I’ve been off line for a while trying to get myself together which in one way i did but yesterday i was given a massive blow. People that don’t know me I’m disabled and confined to a wheelchair and need careers to come in and help me. The blow i was given was from my landlord saying he didn’t want people like me living in his property so he’s given me 2 weeks notice to get out of his flat. What he said to me was disgusting and to give me notice was really devastating. As you can imagine I’m feeling very low and upset, my anxiety and depression has taken hold and i don’t know what to do, so if anyone can help please get in touch so i can get somewhere to live and not be on the street with no care and no way of surviving. Please help. NC

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @cripps   Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your tenancy.

Please can I advise first you need to speak to our helpline.

0808 800 3333.

Who may advise you further.  There are some rights you have as a tenant .  I do know this is difficult for you.

I would like to add the two weeks notice you landlord has stated.

There are certain laws and regulations around giving some one notice.

I believe they have to give you more than two weeks.  My last landlord gave me six weeks.  Also has to be written not spoken.

You need to consult and speak to either CAB or local housing officer councils.  Explaining your housing situation.

Seems may I add you probably could do with a lot of support. Have you told your carers.

I have the number for Shelter the helpline as well . That might be useful to you.

0808 800 4444

Give them a call because there a lot of legalities here and this does in my opinion . You landlord is out of order.  Probably verging on the edge of harassment of a tenant . That is you.

I hope that helps you.

Please keep in touch.

Your friend.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • cripps
    cripps Community member Posts: 412 Pioneering
    Thank you for your support and all the information you have sent, i will give each number a ring and see if there’s anything they can do. Like you mentioned i so think my landlord is out of order. Thanks again. NC
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello my friend @cripps   How are you?  How is the housing situation?

Please let me know if you need any further support.

Always here to help.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Oh @cripps, I'm so sorry to hear this. What an awful situation. Did you manage to get in touch with the numbers suggested above? 
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Do you have a tenancy agreement? How long have you been living in the property? 

Brightness