Feeling worried — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Feeling worried

bluewater
bluewater Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Hi ive been prescribed gabapentin for nerve pain as i have cervical neck stenosis,ive I read about possible side affects and I'm really worried about taking them.i would love to hear from anyone who are taking them or have used them.thankyou.xx

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome,you have to remember that all drugs have a side  effect some people have a worst effect than others. While most tolerate the effects for the good they can or do do. I would read the leaflet that comes with the drug and understand what the possible side effects may or could be and if you start to have any of the side effects phone your pharmacy for advice and consult with your GP who may be able to prescribe a lower dose or different prescription. Myself having tried four different statins right down to a very low dose my body can’t torolate themso my GP infomercial that’s my lot so takeing nut in my diet to help hopefully to keep my heart heathy.
  • bluewater
    Thankyou for replying sorry to hear your having health problems, yes i know what you have said is true i must be brave and start taking them.xx
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    I've been on gabapentin 900mg per day plus morphine based drugs. Like any drug you  will only start to find out what symptoms you will or might get by taking them. 

Ive been on them for about five years now. From memory it made me feel a little bit drosey nothing more. 
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• bluewater
    Thankyou for your reply.

Brightness