Hello — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

werock
werock Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I’m totally new to forums so be gentle with me! I’m 48, married and mum to an 8 year old boy. I live near Glasgow and was a nurse for 20 years.
Long story short, 2 years ago I had encephalitis and having lived to tell the tale, scarring on the brain caused lots of cognitive problems and severe epilepsy. 
My life, the lives of my husband and son and my view of myself has been turned upside down. You guys probably know all about how that feels, or something like it.
That’s why I’m here.
I’m still compelled to empathise, sympathise and if I’m able, to help others. Until now, how I could best do that was a complete mystery to me and I’ve been struggling to find my purpose in life.
My husband suggested getting involved in a forum but after having looked around various sites nothing clicked and I’m so very, very slow with my reading and writing difficulties. 
However, I randomly found you guys and well, I think you’ll be patient with me. I have loads to say, loads I want to share, loads (I hope) I could contribute.
So that’s me started. I’m here. Hello. Thank you for taking the time to read about me.

Comments

Brightness