Reasonable Adjustment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reasonable Adjustment

2»

Comments

• vapegirlclouds
    vapegirlclouds Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Hello,
    I'm sorry you're going through this. Unison are useless, they should still step up as its blatant disability discrimination. 
    There.needs.to.be.a.nationwide.survey.of.disabled.workers.
    We have no voice. Our employers are signed up to the disability confident scheme and are still failing us. I'm a civil servant, work for a very large organisation. My manager called my reasonable adjustments a comfort zone I waited 18 months for equal access, the last 4 months I lost the plot, before it was finally done. I was forced to attempt to walk a route I was physically unable to, repeatedly had to justify myself.
    You've had two access to work assessments. Honestly I'd phone them and cry. See if they can enforce it on your employers. I know it's scary, we all don't say anything and get on quietly for fear of repercussions if we speak out.
    It doesn't, shouldnt matter if it's an ongoing issue with unison its disability discrimination. Also join a union separate to the one every one in work is in, my manager, the one who called my adjustments a comfort zone, shes a union rep! I made sure to join a different one.
    I'm sorry I cant offer words of wisdom, but I offer you solidarity. I'm in the same boat. Boasting employers who actually don't do anything to help disabled employees. And we're just lost, and struggling with nobody fighting our corner.

• Felixx
    Felixx Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    livonia said:
    I would seek advice past your local level.  you will have a regional office.  maybe double check with them.   Unison might be able to provide you with support, even if they can't fix the past issues..... 
    I have been to unison direct and had zero help they just tell me to go back to the regional branch, and she is more interested in becoming a Labour MP
  • Felixx
    Felixx Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Well, tonight I have become another statistic, as I have to say goodbye to what I thought was my career and find a job, that doesn't involve talking to or dealing with people, has no issues with ambiguity and zero prospects....
  • petetyerman
    petetyerman Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    what does the laat post mean

Brightness