Steadily worsening PN in my feet — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Steadily worsening PN in my feet

Options
Kev100
Kev100 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi all  I'm pretty much the same as many on this group heart attack  Pacemaker then steadily worsening PN in my feet intermittent bad pain and feet feel like the wrapped up in plastic bags. Just looking for people's ideas as just about given up on doctors

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kev100 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear this however I am sure many of our community members will be happy to advise you and offer support :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @Kev100

Welcome.

I am sorry to hear this.

You may be interested in our Chronic pain discussions where I am sure our members will be able to support and advise you further. 

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Kev100, and a warm welcome to the community!

I'm truly sorry to hear about your pain, that must be tough. We've had a few members discuss PN and issues with their feet in the past, and you may be interested in this past discussion on PN.

At the very least, I hope it helps you feel less alone. You're among others who understand here and will do their best to help!
  • ClaireSaul
    ClaireSaul Community member Posts: 92 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Kev100 - another welcome from me.
    I can see that Pippa has directed you to a specific discussion, but let us know if there is anything we might be able to help with.
    Claire
    Claire Saul
    Chronic Pain Advisor
    Scope
    helpline@scope.org.uk
    scope.org.uk
  • Kev100
    Options
    Many thanks for the warm welcome!
  • Ami2301
    Options
    How have you been @Kev100? :)
  • Kev100
    Options
    Up and down as I guess most of us are. I tend to have what's best described as severe toothache in both feet all the time then some days it really ramps up. Have just been turned down for PIP so struggling at the moment but others have it a lot worse so I guess keep calm and carry on it the way! 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your PIP claim - will you be appealing?
  • Kev100
    Options
    Yes indeed! I originally sought the help of the local age UK office and they did say to come back to them if I needed to appeal. They literally filled the 14 page form in for me. I would recommend them if you need to go this route. 
  • Ami2301
    Options
    That's great to hear you've received fantastic support from Age UK! Thanks for the recommendation. Do keep u updated and if we can be of any help :)
  • sam12
    sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I suffer a lot of pain in my feet since I was 17 they go hard and become cramped up Bath or resting or walking can suddenly happened then I kant put my foot flat. They a medicine can help though quinnine sulphate 

Brightness