ESA Stopped - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Stopped

Comments

• audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Ok thankyou cockneyrebel il look into that 
    do you happen to know if librarys have people who can advise you on challengeing ESA 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    I doubt that a library will be able to help other than point you to any local advice agency
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2019
    I agree, a library won't be able to give advice on a MR.  https://advicelocal.uk/ That will help you find what's in your area. Remember, ESA is not about a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect you.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    You can do the MR by phone, then send the form as a follow up if you like.
  • audigirl
    Thankyou poppy 123456
    really appreciate your help at this stressful time x
  • poppy123456
    janejr said:
    Waiting to go my docs now and feel on the verge of breaking down and all because my assessor omitted to put in my report about my hands wrists and elbows therefore able to manager a wheelchair manually. She wrote nothing on the pain my elbows are and that my hand goes numb with strong tingglin in them. I've got to ask doctor for a letter saying in her opinion I can't propel a manual wheelchair. Assesor seemed so nice I can't get my head round it. Why lie and leave things out. I just know I'm going to show myself up and cry down doctors I just feel so helpless osteoarthritis in all my joints pain unbearable then this. Feel so low
    Sorry, i missed this. Just wanted to wish you good luck with the MR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • audigirl
    Hi everyone
    im currently waiting in my esa mr decision 
    iv no money for anything no bread milk is low so is there anywere i can contact to get help for a loan i dont want credit card what how have you guys ladies survived 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Council go welfare they give you food gas elec I’m same
  • audigirl
    Hi dotty thankyou do you call them or online x
  • poppy123456
    audigirl said:
    Hi dotty thankyou do you call them or online x
    https://www.trusselltrust.org/get-help/find-a-foodbank/

• Dotty123
    Ring your council tel them you have no money or that they will ask bout esa then do food for you 
  • Dotty123
    Yes I’m waiting on that but said can’t have gas elec sorry I’m starving diabetic
  • poppy123456
    I'm so sorry to hear this Dotty! Some food banks help with gas/electric but not sure if all of them do. When is your PIP payment due?
  • Dotty123
  • Dotty123
    Poppy council have suspended my rent what do I do I’m to old to be home 
  • Dotty123
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Poppy council have suspended my rent what do I do I’m to old to be home 
    That will be because your ESA has stopped. As i advised before, you need to ring them and ask them to send you a nil income form, fill this out and return it and your rent/council tax reduction will continue as normal. You won't be homeless.
  • Dotty123
    I asked for nil income form she says don’t exist anymore but filled in form to say esa stopped she said rent still get paid will go see her again 
  • poppy123456
    Yes it does exist but as long as you've been told that your rent will still be paid then you have nothing to worry about with that at least. :)
  • Dotty123
    I got letter today my rent has been suspended so what do I do she said nil income don’t exist then made me fill form she said be fine then got that letter today 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.