ESA Stopped - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Stopped

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    The letter was most probably automatically sent when it flagged on the computer that your ESA stopped, DWP do have contact with local councils.

As you've filled out the form then your housing benefit will continue. The nil income form still exists, i'm not sure why you were told that.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    I went last week today asked bout nil income form she says laughing our council don’t do them this letter says suspended sorry bother you 
  • poppy123456
    Your housing benefit will still be paid through nil income Dotty. Please ring your local council tomorrow morning.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    I will this has been awful thank you for your help xx
  • audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Thankyou ladies phoned my council today they have asked me to attend cab foodbank however i read in ur link that you need to have a voucher but i dont have one i asked the lady on phone if i needed a ref no or something she said no 
    im asking because i dont want to waste going if i dont get anything i dont have a penny to my name now x
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you need a voucher for a food bank. They can't give you the food without the voucher. Once you have this then they'll give you 3 days worth of emergency food.
  • poppy123456
  • Dotty123
    I got food today I Neva had voucher council did it x

• janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Had a terrible day yesterday. Went for my first jsa appointment at the job centre. When I got there they told me I hadn't got an appointment and i had actually missed it on the 15 the. I said no I phoned on they 15th to make the appointment. They wouldn't have it and was actually going to send me away but I broke down and started crying my eyes out sobbing . The manager agreed to do my application as everyone else was busy. They rushed around getting tissues and water for me and I had to sit for twenty minutes doing a form online with the manager. Then she sat me at a desk with my son to complete paper work which took another twenty minutes. Just as me and my son was finishing form the manager came up to us and said stop we don't need that now I've found your application and it goes from the 12 the so we can go. The manager said just bring your sick note next time and you won't have to come again. Got home feeling very ill and had to bed as couldntc stand pain in hip from sitting and my head aches I felt like I'd been in a boxing match. 
  • Dotty123
    Oh hope your better now there such a **** up 
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    This was my first meeting with DWP employees and dare say will have many more as will do the MR then appeal , first meet and they balls it up. I have no faith or trust in them. They will probably give me a break down every time we meet. Hope all goes well for you  Dotty
  • audigirl
    Aww janejr 
    they are total ***ts 
    hope you feel abit better now your home 
    as you probably kno im waiting for my MR on ESA wel today i went to the foodbank & a lovely bloke put me in the steps to tackle these **nts dwp he said i should never have been taken off ESA becos its an illness no one can detect & to get to my drs get a sick note and put it in so thats what im going to try next 
    dwp or horrible people in my eyes i agree theyv a job to do but not takeing our self right just wish it happens to them when they are older take care love x
  • audigirl
    janejr said:
    I went for an ESA assessment on the 14th December and today received a phone call to say it's been stopped as scored zero points. I'm so shocked as felt all was well. The assessor seemed friendly and sympathetic even saying aww that looks sore when looking at my elbows. I have OA in both knees , feet, hands, wrists, and elbows. Also DDD in back. I had told assessor about the pain I'm in every day and how my life is controlled by it so I'm baffled by this decision. I've now got to go through the process of changing my benefit to J.S.A and go for a interview at the job centre and make a mandatory reconsideration when I get their letter. 
    Feel so low and stressed about it all why do they do this to people. Surely if your in chronic pain they can't do this to people. Has anyone got any advice please I feel like I can't cope

I'll keep it simple, do not claim a new benefit, it will screw everything up.

1. ESA stopped after assessment.

2. Ask for Mandatory Reconsideration. When you receive that letter, they might reverse the decision to stop ESA.

If the decision remains unchanged, most likely outcome.

3. Start an appeal using SSCS1 form, you can get it online.

4. Tribunal receives your appeal, they will let you know in writing of this.

5. Phone DWP when you have tribunal letter, give them the reference No off it.

6. ESA will be paid at assessment rate pending appeal.

The whole process takes around 5 weeks.

Good luck.

• audigirl
    Can i just ask i know i post alot of questions recently and you have all been fantastic in helping
    would i be ok to send a drs note in to job centre to cover my mr in esa the deadline is 8th march 
  • poppy123456
    audigirl said:
    Can i just ask i know i post alot of questions recently and you have all been fantastic in helping
    would i be ok to send a drs note in to job centre to cover my mr in esa the deadline is 8th march 
    Do you mean a sick note? If so then this won't help your ESA MR. If you mean a letter from your GP then yes send it.
  • audigirl
    I was meaning a letter from my gp but was also thinking that a sicknote would prove im ill just a thought x
  • poppy123456
    A sick note is note classed as evidence.
  • Dotty123
    Hi poppy when did you say I need a sick note and when where do I send it x
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Hi poppy when did you say I need a sick note and when where do I send it x
    If the MR decision stays the same and most do. Then you'll need a sick note once the Tribunal accept your appeal, it's needed to be able to go back onto assessment rate of ESA. It will also need to be backdated to the date you were found fit for work.
  • Dotty123
    Where do I send it I’m in wallsend 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.