I won my PIP tribunal, worried that DWP are going to appeal? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my PIP tribunal, worried that DWP are going to appeal?

Richard40
Richard40 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I won my pip tribunal last week Thursday i was told my money will be backdated to 2017 I am just worried that dwp are going g to appeal the tribunal desion

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Richard40

Welcome to the community. Congratulations on winning in the PIP tribunal, that's brilliant news!

I'm not sure why they would want to appeal this decision, some of our members may know and reply to you soon. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news. To appeal the decision they must first ask for the statement of reasons and they have 28 days to do this. Once they have this they have to find the error in law, they can't appeal without finding this. Sometimes they ask for the SOR but it doesn't mean they are going to appeal. If they request it they'll write to you.

Backdated money can take 8 weeks.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Richard40 and welcome

You should ring the DWP to make sure they have a copy of the tribunal decision.
    The DWP have the same right of appeal that we do. The DWP have 28 days to ask the judge for a statement of reason. They will use this to see if an error in law has been made which is the only grounds on which they can appeal the FFT decision, they seldom take it any further.
    Usually a tribunal award takes 4-8 weeks to put into payment

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Richard40
    The dwp received the letter via email on the Thursday while I was at the hearing as I phoned them the same day 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It is now just a waiting game, hopefully you will receive a decision letter in the next few weeks
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Richard40
    I rang pip this morning and they said that they are working on my claim / backdated payment  now they have said payment should be in 5 days then letter in 7/10 do you think my payment will be next Wednesday 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I must admit, as your Tribunal was only last Thursday that's extremely quick. Are you sure they said payment in 5 working days?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Richard40
    Yes they did 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.