ESA Stopped - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA Stopped

1235»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,356 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll need to ring DWP to ask for the address because all areas are different.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    I got my sick note double quick after receiving the dreaded letter from the DWP saying my ESA was stopped. I know the routine you see and didn't want to leave it too long in case the doctor wouldn't backdate it to the day my ESA was stopped. 

The sick note has to cover you from day one anyway so you might as well get it as soon as you can. Scan it in online.  ;)
  • audigirl
    audigirl Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Benistmonk
    did you take it to the job centre with your ni number on 
    this is what my welfare fella told me to do 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, you can take it to your local job centre but make sure they give you a receipt for what you give them. Or you can send them online. Link here. https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/2018/05/22/collaborating-to-develop-the-send-your-fit-note-service/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Poppy dr did me new letter and sick note backdated to 14/2 thank you 
  • janejr
    janejr Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    Hi poppy123456 I've just been told I'm now on jsa income related is that right I don't understand what income related means. I don't want any more **** ups so want to make sure that they get it right
  • poppy123456
    janejr said:
    Hi poppy123456 I've just been told I'm now on jsa income related is that right I don't understand what income related means. I don't want any more **** ups so want to make sure that they get it right
    That would be correct yes. Income related is means tested and depends on household income/savings/capital. Contributions based is the one you claim when you've worked and paid NI contributions in the 2 tax years before your claim.
  • janejr
    Thank you Poppy I'm sure he said £170 a week and that seems alot . Would that stay the same if I lost my appeal. 
  • poppy123456
    Do you claim PIP, if so what award do you have? I'm assuming you were claiming the SDP with your ESA?
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    audigirl said:
    Benistmonk
    did you take it to the job centre with your ni number on 
    this is what my welfare fella told me to do 

No, I sent it online here, takes a few seconds if you have an iPad or iPhone. 

https://www.gov.uk/send-fit-note
  • Dotty123
    How do they no it’s from you at dwp I’m claiming nothing just appealing esa
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    How do they no it’s from you at dwp I’m claiming nothing just appealing esa
    You put your national insurance number on the online form, which means it's linked to you.
  • janejr
    Yes poppy I've got pip middle for daily living and high mobility and yes I was getting SDP. Assessor said I could work by propelling myself in a wheelchair. She ignored me telling her I have OA in hands wrists and elbows
  • Dotty123
    Cani do electronic one to send
  • poppy123456
    janejr said:
    Yes poppy I've got pip middle for daily living and high mobility and yes I was getting SDP. Assessor said I could work by propelling myself in a wheelchair. She ignored me telling her I have OA in hands wrists and elbows
    As you're claiming PIP then when claiming JSA there's 2 disability premiums available. Once is £35.55 per week and the other (SDP) is £64.30 per week and the £73.10 per week, gives a total of approximately £172 per week. Which is approximately £20 per week less than Support Group ESA.

A diagnosis of OA isn't enough, you need to tell them why you can't self propel a wheelchair.
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Cani do electronic one to send
    https://www.gov.uk/send-fit-note

• janejr
    Thank you Poppy your such a great help and so clever x
  • Dotty123
    Poppy council say may not pay rent as it’s my fault I’m not claiming benefit cos I’m taking esa mr and tribunal is this right sorry bothering you again 
  • Catlover64
    Catlover64 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
    Dotty, did they pay your rent in the end? I am in same position. Poppy did you see this?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.