I have depression and Fibromyalgia and chronic pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have depression and Fibromyalgia and chronic pain

leeinpain
leeinpain Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I really suffer with depression fibromyalgia and Chronic pain disorder . Can anyone help me with medication, talking to someone about my mental health issues and help me .
Many thanks  Lee

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @leeinpain   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who help, advise new members who join the forum.

I have mental health issues my self. Please can I advise we can not advise on medication because we are not Doctors .

One suggestion is to speak to your Doctor if having problems with medication. Also if you are not receiving any help and support with your mental health problems. Speak to your Doctor.

Further advice I can give you is if you wish to look at options and choices to maintain the mental health problems you have.

I do understand how difficult day to day this can be.

I use mental health charities used this one.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

They often have floating or outreach support workers that can advise you on a range of issues all around mental health. Including medication, lifestyle problems and issues related.

Coping methods and strategies.

Also can sign post you to further support including benefit and welfare advice, information.

Please if we can help and advise on anything. Have a look  around our website.  We are friendly, care and share.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited February 2019

Hi @leeinpain

Welcome

I am afraid we cannot give medical advice, I would suggest talking with your doctor as soon as possible.

you may find of interest our  Chronic pain and Mental health discussions.

Take care 

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited February 2019
    Welcome to the community @leeinpain

Thank you for sharing this with us. I can understand this may be a difficult time for you.  None of our members are  medical professionals so we will not be able to help you with medication. Please see your GP and explain how you're feeling. Your GP may suggest which medications to take and mental health support services that will be suitable for you.

Feel free to join our dealing with chronic pain discussions and mental health discussions.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @leeinpain
    I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling at the minute, are you getting any support?

I think your GP is the first port of call, speaking to them about all your issues could really help, it may be worth asking when you book for a double appointment so you have plenty of time to discuss your needs.

There are online support websites too, MIND is a mental health charity and they have lots of information, you can also call their helpline on 0300 123 3393

The Fibromyalgia Association may also be able to offer some support and their helpline number is 0300 999 3333

Good luck and let us know how you get on and if there is anything we can help with.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness