Signing on — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Signing on

Natalie29190
Natalie29190 Community member Posts: 24 Listener
Hi All,
I signed on today for the first time and i was told i had to go back next friday when my next sign on would be the friday after. Do i have to go to the job centre every week? or is it only for a short period then it goes to fortnightly? 

Comments

• Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Natalie29190, hopefully some of our community members will be able to share their experiences with you. I wonder if @fredfinch can help with this one?
  • fredfinch
    fredfinch Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    Hi @Natalie29190 hopefully it'll be every fortnight, make sure you tell them if it's hard for you to get there and they should make it as easy as possible, this is what happened to me so hopefully it works out for you too.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Natalie29190 Please can I suggest ask the person you sign on to make a note in your book that you have.  Also get a diary to put everything in and take it with you.  I say this because I have seen and had jobcentre staff put wrong days down and me turn up.  I get so confused and forgetful.  Also make sure you turn up early like twenty minutes before you sign on.  I say this because if you are like me anxious and get stressed in these places.  This gives you plenty of time.  I must say they might give you a warning if late to sign on.  Sorry to say that.  I was late well about five minutes and got a ticking off from a staff member.  I hope things go well for you and you should express any concerns if you can to staff.  I had to sign on in a private room for example because I felt intimidated by people.  I hope any of this helps.  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Had pip tribunal today and won just glad its all over
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @freckles   Thank you for letting the community know. Congratulations on your win.

Please keep in touch .  If we can be supportive or help with anything further.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • freckles
    freckles Community member Posts: 258 Pioneering
    Thanks spiceman this site has been a great help and support thankyou everyone for your kind words

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.