Phone call from dwp DM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call from dwp DM

timmyy22
timmyy22 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Got a call from dwp DM today asking if I am a tenant or whatever then asked if I'd been in hospital which I haven't been. At the end of call he says the decision will be sent to you in next 7 days.

Good or bad? I've had the paper based assessment for anxiety depression chronic dsh.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's impossible to answer that question i'm afraid. If you ring DWP again tomorrow and the decision's been made they'll tell you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Zebra88
    Zebra88 Community member Posts: 55 Courageous
    Was any of the evidence you sent with your form to do with inpatient stays at hospital? They are supposed to call and check if you have been in hospital as they record the dates even if it's just for a night (as repeated stays over a short period can be added up for some benefits I believe).

When my PIP was reviewed last year I sent in as some of my proof, my hospital discharge notes which explained a diagnosis and soft food diet etc. My PIP was awarded but they treated the hospital stays as me not notifying them and suspended my PIP without telling me.This was because they wanted to know the dates I had been in hospital (even though it was on the papers). I had to fill in a form with the dates, addresses and length of stay, which they posted to me. They should have called me to get this info but they didn't. I probably got a decision maker who didnt like phones and did it a lazy way... could be someone double checking you haven't been in hospital overnight. Good luck.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.