Other benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Other benefits

jayann
jayann Community member Posts: 3 Listener
My son has just turned 17 he has aspergers syndrome and was refused pip is there any thing else he can claim 

Comments

• Hollyflynn22
    Hollyflynn22 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    edited February 2019
    You should definitely appeal the decision and then go to tribunal. 

If if you have all the relevant informatiom it could be worth a try, 65% of tribunals run in favor of you. 

All the best 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Mandatory reconsideration is the first step and you need to request this within 1 month of the date of the decision. If that fails and most do then it's Tribunal.

There's no other disability benefit he can claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jayann
    I did and they refused again was going though courts with tax credits so missed the time to appeal again was told had to apply within one month 
  • jayann
    Can you apply again with them as told me they gave him a 0 on everything and ca worked it out that he should of got points for things
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You have up to 13 months to appeal to the tribunal.
    If you have no award in payment then there is no waiting time to reapply, however unless you have new evidence the result is likely to be the same
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.