Suppprt group/sick — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Suppprt group/sick

bevvy1966
bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
Hi, its been two weeks today since I went to my work capabilities assesment.. will it be much longer before I know what group ill be put in

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there
    I went through this last year I had my assessment 5th may and got decision 7th June. I ended up appealing the decision through mandatory reconsideration got the same outcome so appealed and took it to tribunal which was heard 2 weeks ago. Happy to say court ruled in my favour however just making you aware of how long the process can take. It's been a full year from start to finish. 
    Anything else you want to ask I'm no expert but happy to share experience. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Decision times vary depending on backlog in your area but it can be anything from 2-8 weeks sometimes longer.

You can request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with the report. This way if you're not happy then you can start to write the Mandatory reconsideration letter but you'll need to wait for the decision before requesting this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bevvy1966
    bevvy1966 Community member Posts: 77 Connected
    Ok thank you..

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.