Has PIP payment been stopped? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has PIP payment been stopped?

lillee1
lillee1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited March 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all my daughter was given 0 points after a f2f assesment, and know het pip has stoped will she get a payment this month know ??

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lilley1

Welcome it’s great to meet you this evening.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your daughters pip assessment.

At what point are things today???

Are you appealing the decision????

Do they need to pay your daughter anything still????

Do you need any help with things???????

@steve51
  • lillee1
    Hi steve yes i am appealing, i was just woundering if she would be due any money this month , as they stoped her pip the 11th of this month .
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lilley1

That’s great Please let me know if you need any help with things??

@steve51
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lilley1 welcome to the community! Sorry to hear what has happened. Was this an assessment for a review of circumstances?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Hi @lilley1

I'm sorry to hear about this. Is my understanding that payment will stop while you appeal the decision. If you are successful then the pay will be backdated.

Scope has some useful advice on  Appealing a DWP benefits decision. I hope this helps. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    lillee1 said:
    Hi steve yes i am appealing, i was just woundering if she would be due any money this month , as they stoped her pip the 11th of this month .
    Hi,

PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears, so she should be due 1 more payment but it maybe for less than she usually receives. Best thing to do is ring DWP and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lillee1
    Thankyou all just waiting on the reconsideration 
  • hanny
    hanny Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    my friend pip stoped and so did her payments. Best thing to do is phone them. Make sure you do a reconsideration. It would help if you have any other medical letters. I was refused my pip no points and i done reconsideration and got full point im enhanced on both. If u fail consideration take it court. Dont give up. You will be back dated. When i sent my reconsudation in, i enclosed my esa resullts too. As i was on esa.  Best of luck to you and your daughter

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.