Capita's,assessor's lies need to be stopped — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita's,assessor's lies need to be stopped

V4Vendetta
V4Vendetta Community member Posts: 34 Courageous
edited February 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi guys,this is my first post and please don't judge me.Just can't get rid of my rage towards lying Capita and their assessors.Why they are allowed to get away with the crime they keep commiting.Is there anyone above them and really can sort the lying b..  trds ? They befriend you,you being so open to them and then you get a paper full of lies in your report not even a single word you told them in it.
There should be someone ,who is there for US,people who with our health issues kept being abused by the system even more,that brings more and more extra health problems,severe depressions,anxieties,suicides...
I was so angry when i received the report with lies,that i cursed the assessor and assessor's family,and that's not in my nature.Now i sleep all day long as my condition is worsening, have difficulty to pick myself up and fight.Taking unprescribed Bromazepam to keep myself "alive" and to write this post.
Why Capita allowed to walk all over US?
Something needs to be done.

P.S once again,sorry for the post filled with anger

Comments

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    @wilko  Yes you're right that is how it's supposed to work and provided the assessor correctly records what they have actually seen or heard and justifies their opinion with factual statements that are based on truth then I would imagine this thread would never have started. if this were me when I received my report and I'd turned to Scope for help and support I would only feel worse if the advice was to tell me how the system is supposed to work and hint at what I did wrong rather than any fault lying with the Assessment provider. 
    @V4Vendetta I know how you feel but hopefully as time goes on you will be able to turn your anger into positive action to end up with an award of benefit that is fair and based on truth. There are 2 things you can be doing. One is to prepare for a Mandatory Reconsideration based on your report but you will have to wait for your final decision before submitting it. The other is to write to Capita to start an official complaint. 
  • V4Vendetta
    It's not a moan.It's the system that trying to "assess" everything in their favour.I don't need to be covered in my fieces to commit suicide or have a severe anxiety and depression that stops me and alot of others to LIVE and stay alive.
    Myself and thousands of others are being lied and treated like criminals during assessments ,when they who assess US are the ones that  commit the crime by lying through their teeth.
  • V4Vendetta
    @wildlife Thank you for your support and advice. It's my second assessment and with the help of my case worker I won the tribunal year or so ago,so waiting for my review now.
    Reason is I can't stand being treated like a criminal and tell my private things to an assessor who has no qualification in mental health.
    Also my condition is not getting better,they keep me on the same medicine,don't want to change it,and what's important ,i only get 2 or 3 appointments with my psychiatrist a year,who is as useful as pope's ......
    I never been like that,but bursting with anger not only for myself but fellow claimants who being played by these scammers.
  • bowdidge112
    bowdidge112 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi guys,this is my first post and please don't judge me.Just can't get rid of my rage towards lying Capita and their assessors.Why they are allowed to get away with the crime they keep commiting.Is there anyone above them and really can sort the lying b..  trds ? They befriend you,you being so open to them and then you get a paper full of lies in your report not even a single word you told them in it.
    There should be someone ,who is there for US,people who with our health issues kept being abused by the system even more,that brings more and more extra health problems,severe depressions,anxieties,suicides...
    I was so angry when i received the report with lies,that i cursed the assessor and assessor's family,and that's not in my nature.Now i sleep all day long as my condition is worsening, have difficulty to pick myself up and fight.Taking unprescribed Bromazepam to keep myself "alive" and to write this post.
    Why Capita allowed to walk all over US?
    Something needs to be done.

P.S once again,sorry for the post filled with anger

• bowdidge112
    bowdidge112 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Firstly you should NEVER curse ANYONE, they are human beings with families and have their problems too you know! can I ask what makes you feel so special?  Situations like this happen and you just have to deal with it I'm afraid, I have had an awful sh**t life and still am but life has taught me to be kind to people, this will come to haunt you I'm sure of that, Please be a kinder person
  • cristobal
    cristobal Community member Posts: 984 Disability Gamechanger

My assessment was done very badly but I’ve never felt any animosity towards the assessor. Remember there may be a number of reasons why errors are made - incompetence, poor training, having a bad day, making a simple mistake, and of course they may be right and you’re wrong! Take into account also that most assessments are carried out professionally and competently.

In my limited experience - I’ve had one assessment - I have more of a problem with the service providers themselves. A variety of people dealt with my request to rectify the mistakes in my assessment, and I was met with a total reluctance to do so.

All that was ever required was “We’re sorry, we’ve made mistakes and we’ll put them right”

• V4Vendetta
    @bowdidge112
    First of all,where did I say i anykind of special than anyone.My heart hurts and i cry reading others people with similar stories either it' physical or mental disability.And yes it may haunt me ,but that's how I feel and don't think will feel any worse than i go through most of the days.
    Can't call them humans ,when they lie through their teeth on someone's fragile and vulnerable state?
    How many deaths they have on their hands?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of people claim PIP and ESA successfully without any problems at all but we don't hear their stories. If someone has a decision they're happy with they have no questions to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • V4Vendetta
    @cristobal How bad day ,poor training got to do with the person they assess.It's their job and they DO work with vulnerable people.
    Im genuinely glad you came across some people eager to help and rectify,but so far and it's my second time I experienced such horrible approach to such delicate job.
    And regarding animosity;once again it's not in my nature,but thats what been brought up within  so far and also we all have different state of mental health.
  • V4Vendetta
    @poppy123456 There are also hundreds of cases that went badly we are not heard of.
    Let's not forget about hose who able to beat the system and trust me i'm aware of quite few.
  • Jade08
    Jade08 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
    edited February 2019
    /ilovecats
    please don’t blame DWP they too have to follow rules which are not set by them but by the government. They are only doing their jobs following rules and guidance. I have friends some of whom previous worked for DWP and they get abused by customers on phone just because they followed the guidelines. 
  • poppy123456
    Jade08 said:
    /ilovecats
    please don’t blame DWP they too have to follow rules which are not set by them but by the government. They are only doing their jobs following rules and guidance. I have friends some of whom previous worked for DWP and they get abused by customers on phone just because they followed the guidelines. 
    Lets be honest here. Sometimes when ringing DWP the advisers are far from helpful. A little manners go a long way and they certainly don't cost anything. There are some very helpful advisers when you ring but there has been times when i've rang and they have been far from helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • V4Vendetta
    @ilovecats @Jade08 @poppy123456 They all have targets and bonuses ,they don't care about you.Whilst DWP not the most helpful or nice to talk to,but sometimes i think and do understand them due to so many people are take advantage of the broken system.But Capita and other subcontractors they just don't give a damn.No excuses for poor training,they are just nurses without a job.By taking assessor's job ,they are taking a big responsibility.But all they do care is numbers,especially in their bank account.
    One life is too many,because of their mistakes,and its its  more than one suicide ,because of their so called mistakes whilst assessing the person.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Here is a classic case of how bad these assessments can be .@V4Vendetta

As I've mentioned here before, I know a couple of HCP that worked for Capita and IAS (Atos) most of this this is about money and statistics, the training is very basic to say the least. Thankfully they have left those cowboy outfits and could see why many claimants get turned down.

Paralysed claimant refused PIP on transfer from DLA

A claimant who was getting the higher rates of DLA has been refused any award of PIP, in spite of being partially paralysed after contracting swine flu eight years ago.

Anna Yellop, 48, has scarring of the brain, takes up to 200mg of morphine a day and is almost completely unable to stand or walk. Her husband is her full-time carer.

She has an adapted Motability vehicle which her husband has to use to drive her to accident and emergency whenever she has a neurological attack, which happens frequently.

Yellop was on the higher rates of DLA care and mobility, but was assessed as not being eligible for any award of PIP.

Not only will Yellop have to return her Motability car if her appeal is unsuccessful, but her husband will also lose his carers allowance.

Yellop had thought the move from DLA to PIP would be straightforward and had not expected to lose out:

“When I read the letter, I burst into tears straight away. I felt completely as if my head had been bashed in.”

“I felt as if someone had just come and totally robbed me of everything – it isn’t just your money, it’s your life.

“It’s your life. It’s everything I’ve gone and lost.

“The assessor came into my home and robbed me of my life.”

Yellop has now requested a mandatory reconsideration.

You can read the full story in the Cumberland. Full story here https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17463015.carlisle-woman-denied-pip-despite-being-paralysed/?ref=twtrec

The DWP, and government are in complete denial and corrupt as ever they break rules, tells total lies and we are paying price for their mistakes while they get away with Tax avoidance.

120,000 or more dead and rising. 

Also to add the latest statistics of where these fools, the rich are getting away with murder.

⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    From my experience I agree about the DWP advisors although there are good and bad ones However the Decision Makers, 3 in all, that I spoke to in 2017 were pretty decent. The impression I got from them was that they did want to get things right but their hands were tied by having no medical knowledge whatsoever. That's why they have to go by the assessor's report without changing any decisions based on medical evidence. At MR they have to send your case back to the Assessment Company to be reviewed by a different HCP (I use the term loosely). A PA5 is then produced which recommends no change in most cases. Again the DM's have to abide by the word of the second assessor. After 2 years of fighting for a complaint to be accepted I found out that they are so well protected that they know whatever they write about you will be believed. There is a pressure of some sort that is making assessors dishonest. I suspect it's having to put so many claimants in each category by the end of the day, week, month or whenever.
                Again I will say it isn't helpful to posters who've experienced a bad assessor to be continually told how they assess you when that's not the way it was done. Or that it's your fault for not understanding how the descriptors work. Many disabled people are not able to understand by virtue of their disability and shouldn't be expected to. Defense of all assessors is wrong while ever there is even one dishonest member working amongst them. This forum has changed a lot from 2017 when there were knowledgeable Benefit Advisers who were kind and sympathetic even if they couldn't answer the question. The rest of the posters did their best to help. This element of "it's your fault" when a stranger arrives asking for help and defense of this corrupt process was non evident in posts from that time. Have you noticed how newcomers arrive and disappear just as quickly as soon as they realize no help is forthcoming? It's very sad that the written word is used to make people feel even worse than when they arrived here instead of trying to help them sort out the mess many of them find themselves in through no fault of their own. 
  • poppy123456
    For those who understand the descriptors then in my opinion it's helpful to give advice to others, especially if you don't understand them. So many people think they should be awarded points for a descriptor but if you don't meet to criteria then you won't score the points. If a person has been given an award and they think they should have been awarded higher, there's no point requesting the MR or Tribunal if no further points can be awarded.
  • poppy123456
    Which is why it's always advised to get face to face expert advice because no one on an internet forum knows exactly how a person's conditions affect them.

What ever anyone says, you'll always have people posting and asking for advice on an internet forum.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Tea and sympathy have a place but will not win an award
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.