Looking to make new friends — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking to make new friends

leeboy63
leeboy63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all I’m lee I’m single 55yr old guy who suffers from depression ,ptsd anxiety and panic attacks, looking to meet new friends 

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @leeboy63   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I have mental health issues mainly anxiety and depression.

You come to the right place for advice, information and new friends.

We are friendly, care and share.

Please have a look around our website. Feel free to join in discussions.

Please ask if we can help with anything some one will know. From our community or a member of our team.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leeboy63 welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • leeboy63
    leeboy63 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thanks everyone for ur kind messages , forgot to say I’m from norwich norfolk
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I am from Norfolk too! For our own privacy we can't state exactly where we live but it's nice to meet a fellow country bumpkin!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adam_Alumni
    Adam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 164 Pioneering
    edited March 2019

Hi @leeboy63

Welcome to the community, how can we help you today?

To get you started, take a look through our recent discussions  and community guidelines. Feel free to contribute we are a chatty bunch.

You may also be interested in our  Mental health discussions.

Let us know if you have questions!

• deemariedel
    deemariedel Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hello @leeboy63

Welcome friend! You're not alone and we're here for you. I have experience with severe anxiety and depression. I believe you're on the right track because talking about it and meeting new people has proven to help. There is a lot to offer in our Scope Community which can prove to be useful so take a look around! 

On a personal level, I've felt that getting away from my daily routine and out of my comfort zone has helped liven my spirits. What are some of your interests? 

My interests have evolved in the last few years while I was trying to improve my well-being. I've started to meditate which helps with my sleeping problems. I've set some goals and started some new hobbies which have helped improve my mood significantly. I started to learn new languages (currently Egyptian Arabic). Learning an instrument might be next on my list!

But my go to hobbies for relieving any anxiety and calming me is a good book, a loud music playlist, and a long run. Even just talking about my feelings out loud to a healthcare professional or friend, which I've struggled with in the past, has significantly helped. Writing is another great release for me if I'm having a really bad day. While I still struggle and everyone is different, a little bit can go a long way and I wish that my experience gives you some hope and that you're able to find what works best for you.

Welcome to the community  :)

Brightness