FOR THOSE WHO ARE LONELY I AM HERE TO LISTEN AND BE SUPPORTIVE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE LONELY I AM HERE TO LISTEN AND BE SUPPORTIVE

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello my friends and every body. Thoughts are today for those on their own on this day.

Want to say you are not alone.  Having spent so many Christmas Days on my own it is becoming the like any other day.

You have to make the day your own.  Think of positive thoughts.

Make and do something to maintain your wellbeing.  Have music on not Christmas ones but anything stirring, up beat.

Plan a good start to the day. Have a good breakfast. Relaxing bath or shower.  Meal times and make them enjoyable. Sitting eating with  a CD on or the Radio helps mentally.  Have coping methods and strategies that make you think positivity.

After all this is only one day of 365.  Use the time to do other things.  Understand and maybe not to every one choice. House work, minor chores.  Got loads of washing to put out.  Do puzzles or word games.  Have a walk out if you feel like it.

Put the TV on and look for programmes that you feel you can enjoy. Not Christmas . There are other options.  

I am watching Life of Mammals on The Yesterday Channel.  Fills up the afternoon.

Listen to the radio maybe.

I am always here on this forum on this day. Have emotions , feelings. Write them down speak to me. I will listen to you.

Be a friend.  You do not have to be alone this time. We are a community.

Care and share.

@thespiceman
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• thespiceman
    Hello @weaver Thank you for kind words.  Much appreciated. 

Look forward  to helping and advising your good self.  In the years to come. You are part of our community.  Care and share

Pleasure to have met you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • cracker
    cracker Community member Posts: 324 Pioneering
    @spiceman, you always comfort and advise. I have benefited from your posts and read them all.

Thank you for being such a support.
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Hi spiceman, Today I was feeling ill and sorry for myself but I read this post and now I feel so much better. I am very thankful I have 2 wonderful children who are very good to me and look after me. I had a lovely Christmas day with my  grandchildren. When I read this I remembered and felt so grateful. 
     Thank you.  
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    What a lovely thread! 
  • thespiceman
    Hello @easy thank you for kind words.  I wrote that because we as a community need to reach out to those who find the periods of our life. That should be joyful or celebration. Instead full of sadness of loneliness.

Want to say if you need some one to listen be a friend.

I am around just a gentleman happy to chat and be supportive. Anything you wish to.

I apologise sometimes if I reply late.  Try and get to you quickly much as I can.

Been a bad week for me mentally and physically. Caught a cold which with my previous health issues.  Take it out of me mentally and physically. 

Thank you for my friends of the community for supporting me. Love you all.

Sending me messages of positivity, warmth and kindness.

They know who they are. Thank you.

On the mend.   Slowly.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • telscope
    telscope Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    I have epilepsy, I live on my own & feel self-conscious doing odd things around my flat & going out. I do have a support worker for certain jobs that I cannot do for myself, like ironing & doing the shopping, because I cannot drive myself anywhere. I started living on my own when I kept on turning down for new jobs after being made redundant many years ago, but showing my self-consciousness, I still haven't got the attitude of the employers thinking I can do work on my own accord. If I want to go for a walk in the summer I just go when the timing & the weather is fine.
  • DK1
    DK1 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Telscope,
    such encouragement of strong with the independent mind is what we need all our disabled guys to do. thank you so much for living such credit exemplary lives which we need to follow. with love for your independent stand.
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Hallo spiceman. And other readers.

• thespiceman
    Hello @telscope Thank you for sharing.  I do know what is important is learning and adapting to new life skills.

Remember success comes in cans not cannots.

One piece of useful advice I do . Is to write down the instructions to every day tasks.  Use a diary read and plan a task . Make time for it make a favourite sandwich. Do the task and the sandwich the treat.

House work and associated cleaning have a lot of CD's . Many of them Motown and Northern Soul.  All helps.

Such as the complexities and confusion I get from certain appliances like washing machines.

Doing my recipes itemised. Even my on line shopping.   Plan and have a stocklist, checklist easier to do on line. Saving money .

Have you tried that may I ask?

Could be helpful to you.

Another suggestion is to go on line for Taxis if that helps. My Taxi firm I use is aware of the plight of many of our community. Offer incentives. Low cost fares.

Understand in my case can not use the bus.

Please take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • thespiceman
    Hello @newborn   How are you?  Have not spoken to you for a long time.

Always here to catch up.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • debbiedo49
    debbiedo49 Community member Posts: 2,904 Disability Gamechanger
  • happy91
    happy91 Community member Posts: 101 Pioneering
    This is a lovely post @thespiceman

I am lonely and in need of support. Think I will get myself on here more often and see how I can help others. My condition has changed recently and not able to get out much. Waiting and hoping to move to better support in my living, some kind of assisted living soon. Hope I'm not waiting too long.
  • susan48
    susan48 Community member Posts: 2,221 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @thespiceman, in a dark place right now. Just feel what is the point 

• thespiceman
    Hello @happy91 Thanks for kind words . I use this forum every day as a friend and try to give others like myself.

Some guidance, be supportive a listening ear.  

Always worth looking at seeing how the forum can be beneficial to your well being.

Not only all about benefits and PIP, ESA .Anything you wish to add about you or your experiences.  Share and care.

Reasons to be Cheerful, Coffee lounge all little stories we can be sharing.  Anything to say.

Reason put my recipes on a lot might inspire others.  Also makes the forum different .

We all need sunshine in our lives amid the pain, heartbreak and misery. The harsh world outside who does not understand our community.

Please if you wish to have a chat. 

About anything please do always here.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    Recipes
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Hello spiceman I hope you are feeling alright today.
    I am well and looking forward to my holiday in the Lakes.
    Will write all about it when I return. Bfn
  • thespiceman
    Hello @easy great to hear from you, wishing you well.

Thanks for asking doing OK this Monday.

Look forward to hearing about the holiday. I am sure many members would as well.

Please share when you return.

Be happy to read and listen.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness