Mental Health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Mental Health

Options
Silver925
Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
Hi would it go against you to go to a wca alone if you have mental health issues? You hear of such horror stories about these assessments.such appreciated.

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Silver925

Thank you for sharing this with us. I do not think it should go against someone, but some of members may able to answer this for you. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you ever told them that you can't go out alone or need a lot of support to attend appointments?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Silver925
    Options
    I need someone to go with me to places I have not been to before as I fear getting lost or not being able to find somewhere I need to go to. I will  panic if I am late.
  • Silver925
    Options
    I also get confused . My sister went with me last time .I just need someone to travel on bus with as I don't like travelling alone. She might not always be able to come so my neighbour said she would give me a lift if necessary.
  • Benistmonk
    Benistmonk Community member Posts: 343 Pioneering
    Options
    If you can, get someone to go with you to the WCA. Also refuse to be assessed by one of their scam nurses, ask for a doctor, you have a right to be assessed by a doctor. And finally, ring up a few days before you go to the WCA and tell them you want it recorded. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Options
    Thanks for updating us @Silver925 happy to hear you have the support of sister and your neighbour. Please keep us updated.
  • MickConnon
    MickConnon Community member Posts: 56 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Silver925, have just been catching up on past posts and came across this one. I hope your WCA appointment went well and you had someone accompany you? Keep us informed of the outcome and how you think it went. Kind Regards

Brightness