I have a Brain tumour and had a stroke, anyone else in a similar situation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a Brain tumour and had a stroke, anyone else in a similar situation

LewisC
LewisC Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi everyone i have a brain tumour, it was 9cm and crushed lots of important parts of my brain and surgery damaged even more! I also had a massive stroke 7 years later! Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LewisC welcome to the community! So sorry to hear what you have been through. One of my fellow community champions, @steve51 had a stroke years ago, as have many of our community members. I am sure they will be more than happy to get in contact with you to offer support. Let us know if we can help you further :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Welcome to the community @LewisC thank you for sharing this with us. I am sorry to hear about this. How are you doing today? Some of our members may relate to you and share their experiences with you soon.

• LewisC
    I'm ok thankyou and how are you ?
    I hope that someone comes forward as I want to help them by seeing how far I ive come.  Anything is possible!
  • lorrainecarp
    lorrainecarp Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Hi
    I've had a big brain tumour on my brainstem which was partially removed in 2016 but like you, surgery did damage as well as damage done by the tumour itself 
    I've learnt to talk again as I had facial palsey and at the moment I'm a wheelchair user but I'm working hard with the physios to change that
    It would be lovely to hear how you are doing 
    Lorraine 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LewisC

How are things today??????

Yes. I am very very happy in helping/supporting you in anyway???

My Stroke in 1998 took out my “Leftside” but “Hay How” my initial “diagnosis” started with “no no no no”

But I have “ticked” every “box” & “much much” more!!!!!!

Please please let me know if there’s any other help/support that I can offer you????

@steve51
  • LewisC
    Am glad to see that there are others that have had similar experiences as adults I am 45 I am a retired paramedic but currently unemployed I have had to relearn to walk, speak, see, love and how to be me! However I'm doing alright to the degree that you wouldn't guess I had these problems by just looking......the enormous scars give a clue though.
    I still can't walk far but I can ride a bike (on a good day),  I can still play a little on guitar, and I'm a dab hand at a quiz or scrabble! I have come along way and I am living the best life I can!! If I can get it together and move forward you guys can to it's a long game but all you can do is keep playing! Push yourself, you can do more than you realise!
    Good luck!!!!

Brightness