Recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, had horrendous chest pain and back pain last night? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, had horrendous chest pain and back pain last night?

Snaps
Snaps Community member Posts: 2 Listener
ive recently been diagnosed with Fibro and last night I woke in the night with horrendous chest pain, back pain. I actually felt I was having a heart attack. It hurt to breathe. Is this something other people have experienced? 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Snaps welcome to the community :)

I am sorry to hear about the pain you went through last night. How are you feeling today?

Have you been in touch with your GP?
  • loopy12a
    loopy12a Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    I also have fibro and I did go through a stage of several no this with chest pain and also palpitations. It was never confirmed if it was anything to do with fibronor not and after investigations all that was showed was an occasional irregular heart beat which is not dangerous and not anything to do with fibro. Best to get it checked if it happens a.lot. sometimes anxiety can feel like a heart attack and you may not even consciously feel anxious. Fibro does.not normally produce chest pain though. X
  • Snaps
    Snaps Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Perhaps it’s better describing it as breast/rib pain. I did think that was common in Fibro by what I’ve read. I have an appointment with my gp tomorrow. I have bad lower back, rib, elbow pain today. Had my pain killers and rubbed in voltarol. Doc won’t give me anti inflammatories as I’ve had stomach ulcers in the past. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snaps
    You could try calling 111? I think if you ever have terrible chest pain, the advice would be to seek immediate medical help.

Get help online or on the phone

To get help from NHS 111, you can:

• go to 111.nhs.uk (for people aged 5 and over only)
    • call 111

NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can:

How NHS 111 works

You answer questions about your symptoms on the website, or by speaking to a fully trained adviser on the phone.

You can ask for a translator if you need one.

Depending on the situation you’ll:

• find out what local service can help you
    • be connected to a nurse, emergency dentist, pharmacist or GP
    • get a face-to-face appointment if you need one
    • be told how to get any medicine you need
    • get self-care advice
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness