Does anyone understand? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Does anyone understand?

Maddie_56
Maddie_56 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
I hope you are all doing well. I have copd, clinical depression, problems walking so need a wheelchair when I go out, which is very rare. I live near Brackley but can't get there as I can't drive anymore due to anxiety and panic attacks. I live on a caravan site, not very nice but hey ho, beggars can't be choosers. My life is very lonely, in fact it's not a life but an  existence. Does anyone understand because I feel as though I'm the only person who feels like this. Thank you for reading. 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    edited March 2019
    Welcome to the community @Maddie_56 :)
    Thank you for sharing this with us, some of our members will understand how you feel. You are not alone in feeling this way.
    how are you doing today?
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Maddie_56 Pleased to meet you sorry what you are going through.

I have mental health issues my self and know every day is different and not easy.

I know since being on here this helps me every day. 

What is important is that you are not alone. There is support out there for your mental health. You need to find what is right for you.

I use mental health charities if this helps you.

https://www.richmondfellowship.org.uk.

The offer floating support and outreach workers to help you cope with your anxiety and panic attacks.

Wellbeing and using coping methods and strategies .  Plus additional support for those who have disabilities as well as mental health issues.

Also anything welfare and benefit assistance.

Always here if you need a chat.

Pleasure to meet you.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Maddie_56
    Thank you so much for your reply..I am at a loss of who to turn to. Which charity will help me. I've never been in this situation before. Atm it's my physical restrictions that I need help with. 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you ever looked into social care @Maddie_56

Social care should enable disabled people to live independently and support individual wellbeing. This might be:

• Support with washing, bathing and getting dressed or undressed
    • Help with eating or cooking meals
    • Support to move around your home safely
    • Daily living aids, such as equipment or assistive technology 
    • Support to keep in touch with family and friends
    • Support to do the things that interest you, sport or social activities, to get out and about.
    • Support to enable you to work, study, volunteer. This is different from support such as Access to Work.
    • Support to enable you to use local facilities and be a part of your community
    • Communication support (for example, a sign language interpreter)
    • Support in the wider world (for example, someone with a learning difficulty might need a support worker to enable them to navigate a new area or a new routine).
    • Support to care for someone else
    • Support to enable you to care for a child

Social care is not health care. It does not treat or cure people, but supports people with conditions and impairments in their daily lives. You access social care through your local authority, who will:

You will also have a financial assessment to decide how much, if any, you may have to contribute towards the cost of your care and support.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Maddie_56
    Thank you  I shall look into it. You are very kind. 
  • horis
    horis Posts: 23 Connected
    u pay for it these days not free 
  • Maddie_56
    Thank you Horis 
  • horis
    maddy you need to up date your data and stop giving out advice when you do not know what you are talking about . Free . Clueless. 
  • Tra7cy
    Tra7cy Community member Posts: 33 Connected
    Horis,I don't think she did!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    We recognise that people may have differing thoughts and opinions on what advice is 'right' in some cases, especially when somebody else's suggestions are different to their own views. 
    However, it's important to remember that we strive for the community to be a supportive and friendly place for everybody. Calling out or specifically targeting others, either on an individual or a repeated basis, can be upsetting and create a hostile atmosphere for other community users. Doing so often comes from a well-meaning place, the desire to help others and provide the best advice, however we kindly ask users to be mindful of others and respect each other's suggestions when posting their own guidance. Comments should be on the content, not the contributor.

Community Manager
    Scope
  • horis
    Here is a one for everyone, know read it , The p I p atos or the other lot R, ?????. Well my point being P.A.C.E act google it then you will understand me is very much the same as a police caution before a interview. As I can describe. Why for as I was a C . Iv said it before and I’ll say it again and I’ll say I personality think these companies are trained to hone office pace standards as a trainee officers .
  • horis
    horis said:
    Here is a one for everyone, know read it , The p I p atos or the other lot R, ?????. Well my point being P.A.C.E act google it then you will understand me is very much the same as a police caution before a interview. As I can describe. Why for as I was a C . Iv said it before and I’ll say it again and I’ll say I personality think these companies are trained to home office pace standards as a trainee officer.

Brightness