Disabled Appointee — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Appointee

jan777
jan777 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi
I have been my Daughters Appointee for 9 yrs.
My Daughter suffers with Bipolar 1 , Emotionally unstable Borderline Personality Disorder,Frontal Lobe Syndrome,Dysphoric mentsrual Disorder , Asthma, Duspraxia , Panic,Anxiety Disorder,Depression and self harms plus numerous other problems.
I also have numerous health issues, depression,panic disorder,agoraphobia..osteoarthritis,two unstable knees due to meniscus tears ,rheumatoid arthritis,loss of hearing in one ear plus numerous other issues.
My Daughters PIP was awarded at tribunal at both high rates.
She was on DLA since 9 yrs old , both high rates.
Her PIP assessment began in August last year with a view to it ending in Jan 2019.
I have had over 30 appointments at assessment centres in the last 5-6 months.
Each time I have explained as her Appointee I cannot attend due to my own health issues.
I repeatedly sent medical evidence to support my problem.
We continually requested a home visit as we have previously had but constantly got mixed messages either on the phone or by letter... Saying, a paper based report was being done or more assessment centre appointments.
I was told I was unfit and unsuitable to be her Appointee and was preventing her attending the assessment centres.
I was reported and received a letter saying I was to be investigated as suitable to continue being her Appointee.
The day before the appointment, they contacted me and apologised profusely as they had no issues with me being my Daughters Appointee and couldn’t understand why I had been reported to them.
My problem now is that her PIP has been stopped due to the award ending in January even though they still sent out assessment centre appointments until February... 
The assessment provider has agreed to send a assessor to do a home visit after my MP intervened but the DWP are insisting she make a fresh claim which is unfair due to my disability she was never allowed to be reassessed and her award renewed!
Any advice will be sincerely appreciated 
Thanks
Jan

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    If possible you should get trained help from an advice centre near you, do not make a new claim until you do.
    My thoughts are that you should get an MR which will keep this award alive and backdated to the time it was stopped

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    If possible you should get trained help from an advice centre near you, do not make a new claim until you do.
    My thoughts are that you should get an MR which will keep this award alive and backdated to the time it was stopped

I read it as the PIP was stopped because no decision was made in time for the award to end. Therefore an MR wouldn't be possible.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,824 Scope online community team
    Hi @jan777 How are you doing today?
    If you don't mind, I'm going to ask @BenefitsTrainingCo to take a look at your post and see if they can offer you any advice or support.

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness