Can LCWRA be backdated? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can LCWRA be backdated?

Comments

• hellsbells42
    hellsbells42 Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    R u asking me hun? If someone is stating they are unfit for work, then they look at it as you are too ill to be caring for someone else. Full time caring is a big job in itself.
  • laurae
    laurae Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    Yes if he gets the lcwra he will loose the Carers element but can still claim Carers allowance 
  • laurae
    Oh yes I know that we have 2 kids on the spectrum diagnosed and husband is in the process of being diagnosed aswell 
  • hellsbells42
    Not that im aware of
  • laurae
    That is what we have been advised if he gets lcwra he will loose Carers element but can still claim Carers allowance 
  • hellsbells42
  • laurae
    Carers allowance is separate and dosnt get paid by uc 
  • hellsbells42
    I know but as far as I’m aware you cannot claim both. If you are too ill to work and claim LCWRA, then you’re not fit enough to be looking after someone full time.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2019
    Carers allowance can still be claimed separately but it's deducted £1 for £1 from your UC payments. There's no advantage to claiming carers allowance and UC other than being credited with class 1 NI credits.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laurae
    Yes that’s y he is still going to claim if he gets awarded the lcwra 
  • poppy123456
    If you are able to claim the carers element yourself for looking after your daughter then you'll be better off doing this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • hellsbells42
    I have written and asked on my journal twice in the last 2 weeks @earthchild23 and no-one ever gets back to me. I was awarded it in Jan this year but I have no idea how long for!!
  • poppy123456
    UC LCWRA and ESA award letters never have dates on them, this is because it's for an indefinite period of time but they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

If you ring they give you a time frame but it's just a guide and nothing more.
  • deano5278
    deano5278 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    how long did it take you guys to here from the dicison maker from when u made your claim please ive been waiting just over 5months now thanks
  • poppy123456
    deano5278 said:
    how long did it take you guys to here from the dicison maker from when u made your claim please ive been waiting just over 5months now thanks
    Hi,

Have you been referred for a work capability assessment?
  • sarahjayne79
    sarahjayne79 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Sorry to jump on this old post. But I was in the lcw group, just been put in the lcwra group. When will my extra money start? Any ideas?
  • poppy123456
    edited June 2019
    Sorry to jump on this old post. But I was in the lcw group, just been put in the lcwra group. When will my extra money start? Any ideas?
    Hi,

Great news. It's from the date of the decision, so it should be paid in your next payment.
  • sarahjayne79
    Hi,

Great news. It's from the date of the decision, so it should be paid in your next payment.
    So it goes from today then? Do they ever back date till the day I sent from back? Gutted as my assessment period ended yesterday too 
  • poppy123456
    If you had reported a worsening of condition then yes it would have been backdated. If you didn't then it will be from the date of the decision.
  • sarahjayne79
    I was put on lcw group for the same condition as the lcwra group. So I might have it back dated a few mo this then. Just waiting on letter to see when I got it from and when too. My condition is never going to get better, thanks 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.