pip waiting times for tribunal - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip waiting times for tribunal

1235»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    You won't be able to just change the actual time of the appointment on that day. Changing the time will change the whole appointment. As you have a home assessment be careful when changing the appointment date because it's possible they will ask you to attend on of their centres in the next appointment they give you. You can also only change the appointment once.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
    Oh ok so what happens when im all groggy etc, god knows what they will put down on report. Anyway im still getting pip and this was a change of circumstances I only hope they don't take away my award altogether. We have sent fresh eveidence from gp and my cpn who did my careplan etc. But last time dwp offered me the award before the tribunal and have all the paperwork to hand.
  • alisha22
    As for the esa as I said im at the moment in the support group and only scored 15 points because of mental health only. Nothing for other descriptors for eg I can't manage budgeting decisions or plan a journey on my own etc. They scored me 0 points for everything just the 15 points for mental health. I am worried that lies will be told etc so just needed some advice really.
  • alisha22
    I'm sure you have heard all the stuff going  on with the DWP and people committing suicides etc this is really having an impact on me and worrying what are dwp actually doing. I was told by the medical assessment team that they had no eveidence from me except the esa50 form, dwp did not send my 15 page eveidence so had to resend to medical assessment people and gp letter cost £25. But atleast they have it now I hope.
  • poppy123456
    edited March 2019
    ESA descriptors for the support group are completely different to the PIP descriptors. There's no descriptors for making budgeting decisions or planning a journey for ESA. See link for support group descriptors.

reg 35 which is most likely why you were place into the support group for is here.

For your PIP for following and planning a journey, those with mental health will only score points in this descriptor if overwhelming psychological distress (OPD) present. Since the rules changes came out for this descriptor it's even harder for those with mental health to score any points here.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • alisha22
    For pip I was scored 0 points for most then they decided they could give me few points here and there which is why I was offered the standard rates for both, so how can they justify this. 
  • alisha22
    Since last esa decision I feel my mental health has got worse and put on different medication much strong dose and medicine for sleep too. Currently on waiting list for psychology treatment.
  • poppy123456
    Once you've had both assessments you can ring DWP about a week later and request a copy of the assessment reports to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision's will be as they mostly go with the report. Good luck for both!
  • alisha22
    Sorry shooting questions again. Can you also tell me if you can that are pip classing this as a new application for pip and not change of circumstances claim. Also was wondering to ask if they have all relevant eveidence as I was told at the beginning if enough eveidence supplied cause of mental health this could be decided paper Based. HOW TRUE IS THIS PLEASE HELP.
  • alisha22
    Thanks poppy as ever for your kind advice.
  • poppy123456
    It's a change of circumstances so if a decision goes in your favour and you're given a higher award then it will be backdated to the date you rang to report the changes.

Most people have face to face assessments, it's rare to have a paper based assessment. My daughter recently had a paper based assessment because of the evidence i sent in was enough for her not to need the face to face but as i said, it's rare.
  • justg72
    justg72 Community member Posts: 173 Pioneering
    Hi lexxus16 said:
    I just want to say that I'm supportive of everyone trying to obtain PIP because of their ailments/illnesses (in any form). I feel deflated being awarded enhanced as it has been a 5 year fight to get to it - I feel like I'm now at the end, can see the light at the end of the tunnel, reached out and touched the light, but can't go any further, and collapsed in a heap, the stress it has caused. If I could wave a magic wand and help all those such as myself that have been wronged by these filthy, lying assessors, believe me I would! There's alot of self-rigtheous people on these forums saying things such as "my illness is worse than yours", "people with mental health shouldn't get PIP, as they recver" etc etc - no one has any right to compare their illness with that of another persons, we all bleed the same, but are individual and unique with how we present. The stigma against those with mental health is a joke, unless you've suffered the effects of ANY mental illness, then you have no right to speak on the subject. Most people that commit suicide are the happiest, liveliest people you could ever have met. Those that have physical disabilites, some need support and help, others cope perfectly fine - individuality again. (Same applies with MH sufferers).
    I totally agree with what you have said here. Like you have said were all individual and unique. Everybodies different you can't compare two people with the same disability, it effects people in different ways. Its like some people can take medications and have no side effects and the meds work first time, others have really bad side effects and the meds do not work. Some people cope better than others with their disabilities. When I went for my F2F with PIP the assessor compared my epilepsy to her husbands. I thought this was wrong and unprofessional as I was diagnosed in my forties this totally changed my life and I still have not come to terms with it as its treatment resistant and I have daily grand mals. Were as the assessors husband had had it since he was really young and his was under control and her husband had never been on benefits for his condition and always worked. I complained about this and DWP said it was fine that the assessor used her own life experience in relation to epilepsy. Well guess what I scored a big 0 on both daily care and mobility. Before the reassessment I was in receipt of enhanced. I am now waiting for a tribunal date and this has impacted greatly on my health with the seizures and the depression what comes with temporal lobe epilepsy. I am waiting for that light at the end of the tunnel and hope it comes soon. I can relate to what you have said and I totally agree with you. Take Care.
  • alisha22
    Hello I'm posting again as not sure first went through. I was saying this morning I got a letter from the medical assessment team saying that a health professional reviewed my further medical evidence and at this point I don't have to attend and the given appointment has been cancelled. Therefore my file has been sent to the dwp. Im  not sure what's going on and should I be worried.
  • poppy123456
    alisha22 said:
    Hello I'm posting again as not sure first went through. I was saying this morning I got a letter from the medical assessment team saying that a health professional reviewed my further medical evidence and at this point I don't have to attend and the given appointment has been cancelled. Therefore my file has been sent to the dwp. Im  not sure what's going on and should I be worried.
    I answered your other question on the other thread.
  • scape03
    scape03 Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
    @poppy123456, it was really interesting reading your previous post about reg 35 for ESA. I was forced into early retirement on health grounds and only really applied for ESA so my NI contributions would still be paid. I was under the impression that even though I had reduced pension I still would have too much income (didn't realise I would be eligible for contributions based). The only communication I got back after applying was to say I had been placed in support group - no mention of if or when this would finish. I was surprised at this as I had expected a medical. Do you think they would have used reg 35? Also, is there a similar regulation or 'exception' for pip? Many thanks, grateful for your advice.
  • poppy123456
    scape03 said:
    @poppy123456, it was really interesting reading your previous post about reg 35 for ESA. I was forced into early retirement on health grounds and only really applied for ESA so my NI contributions would still be paid. I was under the impression that even though I had reduced pension I still would have too much income (didn't realise I would be eligible for contributions based). The only communication I got back after applying was to say I had been placed in support group - no mention of if or when this would finish. I was surprised at this as I had expected a medical. Do you think they would have used reg 35? Also, is there a similar regulation or 'exception' for pip? Many thanks, grateful for your advice.
    No problem. You say you were placed into the Support Group? When placed into the Support Group for Contributions based there's no time limit, it's paid for as long as you remain in the group.

WRAG has a time limit of 365 days.

Unfortunately there's no similar regulation for PIP because it's a totally different benefit. The criteria for PIP is the descriptors here.

• scape03
    scape03 Community member Posts: 29 Courageous
    @poppy123456 Sorry for asking so many questions but don't have a clue about any of this! When you say you're paid as long as you remain in the group, is this dependent on further assessments? My letter was very basic and didn't mention any so not sure if they will ask for one in the future. Thanks!
  • poppy123456
    scape03 said:
    @poppy123456 Sorry for asking so many questions but don't have a clue about any of this! When you say you're paid as long as you remain in the group, is this dependent on further assessments? My letter was very basic and didn't mention any so not sure if they will ask for one in the future. Thanks!
    Yes, for ESA you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months. As long as you remain in the Support Group there's no time limit to Contributions based ESA. For the WRAG it's only paid for 365 days. See link.

• alisha22
    Hello, after getting a letter for esa saying i no longer need to attend the assessment due to eveidence, I received letter yesterday with rates from april etc. It does however say im in the support group following a recent change. I don't want to ring just Incase but im not sure if this is the award or what. I am paying back a social fund I had 2 years ago and deductions are taken out each week so not entirely sure.
  • alisha22
    Sorry also forgot to mention my gp has wrote a letter and requested a paper based assessment. They said they will let me know soon whether the home visit continues or stops. The guy was helpful and could hear how difficult it is to talk with stangers let alone see them so my father took over as him and my daughter are my carers. I only hope I don't loose what I already have as an award.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.