Volunteers Needed for Inclusive Film Screening Event in Brighton... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Volunteers Needed for Inclusive Film Screening Event in Brighton...

matthewjhomer
matthewjhomer Community member Posts: 20 Connected
edited March 2019 in Research and opportunities
Hi everyone!

I wondered if anyone could help me with regards to a film project that I am co-organising in Brighton? It's called The Other Screen and we are currently running our events at the Fabrica Gallery.

To give you a bit of background, The Other Screen is a series of film events focusing on perceptions of disabled people and the d/Deaf community and how we can widen these outlooks. Our first screening included a Q&A with actor and campaigner Adam Pearson. We have also hosted Lotje Sodderland who spoke about her Netflix documentary My Beautiful Broken Brain and challenged the controversial portrayal of disability in Me Before You through an interactive Rocky Horror Picture Show style event.

Our next event will feature the filmmaker Andrew Kötting and his daughter Eden.

My friend Kyla and I are currently attempting to expand the project after what has been a very successful first year. However, to meet the increasing demands of this initiative, we are looking for some volunteers to assist us.

With regards to volunteers, we have a number of tasks which we could use some support with. These include distributing flyers, updating our social media channels, transcribing our audio feedback, assistance with funding applications and being available on the night to ensure that the events run smoothly.

I wondered anyone had any tips or could point me in the right direction as to how we could get a few people on board with this venture?

To give you a better understanding of what we're all about here is a link to our most recent promo which we did alongside Scope's LPP programme.

Thank you for your time and do let me know if you need any additional information :)

Best wishes,

Matt

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering

The above post has been moderated and checked by the Scope Community Team.
    Posts in the Events, research and opportunities is the only board that permits the publishing of an email, contact number or survey link. 

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only. We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions  and the Community Guidelines

• yassin
    yassin Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone!

I wondered if anyone could help me with regards to a film project that I am co-organising in Brighton? It's called The Other Screen and we are currently running our events at the Fabrica Gallery.

To give you a bit of background, The Other Screen is a series of film events focusing on perceptions of disabled people and the d/Deaf community and how we can widen these outlooks. Our first screening included a Q&A with actor and campaigner Adam Pearson. We have also hosted Lotje Sodderland who spoke about her Netflix documentary My Beautiful Broken Brain and challenged the controversial portrayal of disability in Me Before You through an interactive Rocky Horror Picture Show style event.

Our next event will feature the filmmaker Andrew Kötting and his daughter Eden.

My friend Kyla and I are currently attempting to expand the project after what has been a very successful first year. However, to meet the increasing demands of this initiative, we are looking for some volunteers to assist us.

With regards to volunteers, we have a number of tasks which we could use some support with. These include distributing flyers, updating our social media channels, transcribing our audio feedback, assistance with funding applications and being available on the night to ensure that the events run smoothly.

I wondered anyone had any tips or could point me in the right direction as to how we could get a few people on board with this venture?

To give you a better understanding of what we're all about here is a link to our most recent promo which we did alongside Scope's LPP programme.

Thank you for your time and do let me know if you need any additional information :)

Best wishes,

Matt
    Hi Matt I am working on short films at the moment, I am interested for experience. Am a writer filmakerr. I have Asperger's and am based in Brighton. 
    [removed by moderator] ,or will be in touch.
  • matthewjhomer
    matthewjhomer Community member Posts: 20 Connected
    Hey Yassin,
    My sincere apologies for my delayed response. I'll be in touch soon as we're always on the look for new and exciting content.
    Best wishes,
    Matt.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.