Complaint to ATOS that was started in March 2016 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Complaint to ATOS that was started in March 2016

virgo12345
virgo12345 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2018 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Made a complaint to ATOS in March 2016 and took over 16 months for them to get to stage 2. Has been with ICE since August 2017. I’ll never give up. These people are paid to deliver a contract and carry out professional assessments. Nowhere does it state they can lie, misrepresent what happened at an assessment, not treat disabled people with contempt and worse than animals. Good luck to other complainants and never give up! 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @virgo12345

Welcome to the community!

I'm sure members of the community have been in the same situation as yourself and will contact you soon to offer support :)

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @virgo12345 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for sharing this with us all and I am sorry it has taken so long!! I hope you get there in the end and the community is right behind you. I am sure many community members will be able to relate to your experiences so it is important to bring these things up!
    Scope

• axwy62
    axwy62 Community member Posts: 142 Pioneering
    Also had a complaint about ATOS go to the ICE, took 2 1/2 years altogether.
  • virgo12345
    I can relate totally; they just drag their heels, lie, don’t investigate properly and the effect it has upon the claimant only exacerbates their illness. It’s crazy. Really hope the system will change. Doesn’t matter if ATOS changes their name to Independant Assessment, it’s still the same people and ridiculous buildings for disabled people to endure. It’s the health professionals behaviour and attitude that is so incredulous. They picked the wrong mum and carer this time!

• virgo12345
    Thanks to you all for your encouragement, it is much appreciated.
  • clarabelle
    clarabelle Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
    I'm just about to put on a complaint, having let the previous 2 ( one atis,  one capita) 'assessments go - both of those recommendations having been overturn at tribunal. 
    I've actually put a complaint in direct to the nmc on this one as well,,hopefully her professional body will be more objective than ATOS.
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    I’m glad to hear other people have complained, we did and got nowhere. Just waiting on confirmation from assessment 8/8 as had HCP report, then we shall get back onto them, got 8 and 10 points February 17 going from high rate DLA, 21 and 16 looks like this time. They must not get away with this!!
  • jenn2008
    jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    I also made a complaint to Atos in March 2016, my complaint was accepted by the independent case examiner in April 2018. I have recently been told by the independent case examiner that It is going to take another 4-5 months before I hear anything. 3 years and still waiting for my complaint to be dealt with it’s ridiculous 
  • Shlbly
    Shlbly Community member Posts: 136 Pioneering
    Update: complained to Atos, got nowhere, complained to DWP got nowhere, told to go to ICE, but it’s to late to get them involved as over 6 months. So went to the newspapers to tell story. It’s disgusting what they are allowed to get away with!!!
  • jenn2008
    jenn2008 Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    @Shlbly it’s shocking that we have a deadline to respond or escalate things but yet they can take as long as they want, unbelievable x 
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    jenn2008 said:
    @Shlbly it’s shocking that we have a deadline to respond or escalate things but yet they can take as long as they want, unbelievable x 

I agree entirely. The DWP have an all encompassing rule that if they say they want something from a claimant, maybe a bank statement, a sick note, or even some written information they are legally entitled to only give 30 days in which to receive it. I had this with Pension Credit years ago, they closed down my claim as I physically could not supply the information they wanted due to a 3rd person not providing it to me in the first place.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.