PPI claims (not PIP but PPI) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PPI claims (not PIP but PPI)

Weedavey72
Weedavey72 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi everyone, 

just a a quick note to say that if like me you find admin tasks and conflict all a bit daunting I’ve found that by sharing your mental issues with the company who you are dealing with makes it so much easier. 

Two examples recently are with Royal Bank of Scotland and also Barclaycard. I’d lodged a PPI claim with both and found the paperwork and process quite daunting. I explained my mental health issues with them (PTSD, Anxiety and Recurrent Depression Disorder) and they basically passed me over to a “care team” who helped me through everything. They let me use what comma channel I preferred on the day, be it email or phone and we’re very understanding with my memory issues, anger outbursts and sometimes tears on the phone. 

Whilst it doesn’t stop them investigating things properly they work with you to make it easier. 

If you’re struggling to make a claim then just know that there are people there to help. 

Hope that helps someone 

Weedavey xx

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Weedavey72, that's really useful advice. A lot of big companies have care teams like this now and it can be very beneficial to make them aware of any difficulties you're having. 
    Best of luck with your PPI claim! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness