Our Community Guidelines and How To Guide - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Our Community Guidelines and How To Guide

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

Good Morning & Welcome ??

Please please let me know if I can help you around???

@steve51

• Murphy1926
    Murphy1926 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
    Hi and thanks Steve 51.
  • steve51
    Hi @Murphy1926

You are more than welcome my friend.

@steve51
  • Rebecca_de_Winter
    Rebecca_de_Winter Community member Posts: 24 Courageous
    Hi Steve51

thanks for the welcome, sorry for the late reply - I was in hospital this morning having nerves burnt out in my spine  :/ shocking, as in electrically! Resting up now though.

Rebecca_de_Winter
  • steve51
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

Thanks for your post & don’t worry about the delay.

How has the treatment gone????

I have never come across this before on my desperate journey to reduce my pain levels.

I do hope that everything is okay today ????

@steve51

• Rebecca_de_Winter
    Hi Steve51'

I am feeling okayish, a bit fragile, but nothing I can't cope with. They always have problems with my lumbar spine as my fractured pelvis and spine have sacrilised together so it is hard to get a needle to what should be the S1 disc space. 
    I had needles from L4 To S1 all connected up to a machine which then burned the nerve roots away. The pain from this procedure was moderate to severe and at one stage my right foot was burning and felt like it was going to explode, but that only lasted some seconds.
    Hopefully when this is all settled down I should have less pain.

Rebecca_de_Winter
  • steve51
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

Many thanks, how are you this morning???

Sorry but how is your pain levels today???

I have never heard of this procedure before.

What part off the country do you live??

@steve51
  • Rebecca_de_Winter
    Hi Steve51,

How are you doing? I hope the sun is shining where you are, I am in the north.

My lumbar spine feels reasonable this morning ?thanks. Unfortunately my neck is the problem now. 

I had an anterior cervical discectomy in January to replace discs C6 and C7. The op must’ve been more complex than expected as instead of a cage at the back and plate at the front, I have these plus two steel rods from the front of my neck anchored in my skull ?my husband says I only need the red eye and I’d be the Terminator! Anyway unfortunately replacing the discs nudged disc C5 out, so I have to have the same op again. It’s caused pain across my shoulders plus pain and weakness down my left arm - and I’m left handed.

I have a pre op assessment on Friday then I should get the op within two months. It took me six weeks just to get my voice back last time as the ‘go in’ through the front and move the larynx etc. out of the way.

what can’t be enjoyed must be endured ?.

Rebecca_de_Winter

• steve51
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

Unfortunately the weather is up & down at present.

I do hope that everything is ok with you today????

@steve51
  • Rebecca_de_Winter
    Hi Steve51,

just had one heck of a shock! ? A sound like aliens landing at the back of the house, scared the beJayzus out of us! It was the blooming washing machine! Sounded like the bearings had gone, but it has taken all the electronics with it! Can’t complain, it must be over 20 years old!

Rebecca_de_Winter
  • steve51
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

I am very very sorry to hear about your aliens ? ??

It’s gone very cold ? 

I am staying in the house in the warm.

My cat has gone the same idea.

She is sat on my lap currently.

@steve51
  • Rebecca_de_Winter
    I think @steve51,

It is still sunny here, just as well since the stuff from the washing machine was still quite wet when they needed pegging on the line. The new machine arrives tomorrow - one expense we could have well done without?. Still I can’t be going down to the river to pound them on the rocks ?.
    How are you anyway apart from being cold? I love cats! We had to have our lovely cat Samson put to sleep last year and we miss him dearly, but he was our last cat there would be no replacing him.

@Rebecca_de_Winter
  • steve51
    Hi @Rebecca_de_Winter

No the washing machine is unfortunately on the list of very important things that we have around our homes 

I am starting to warm up now thanks ??

@steve51

• benjamintolmer
    benjamintolmer Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    If you need to have a look through our How To Guide that talks you through the ins and outs of the Scope online community, or if you want to read the Community Guidelines, you can access them by going to the Community Guidelines Page here. 

Thanks for being part of the community :)
    Thanks for the guidelines. o:)
  • Me118
    Me118 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hello x new to All This. For years iv bern ill  only just found out i could claim and receive disabled allowance help because I have a small personal income sent off the first set of paperwork for Pip Waiting for the second lock to come now been a couple of weeks
    Wish me luck
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Me118 welcome to the community! Good luck and let us know if you need any further help :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Me118
    Me118 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
  • 1961hoppy
    1961hoppy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi I’m a new member but I went to my f2f assessment but it wasn’t half a bad as I thought it would be the hc professional say he was going to recommend that I get enchaned mobility and that I should have had a home vistas any one else been told this
  • Harryfils
    Harryfils Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    edited May 2019
    I have been trying to introduce myself to the community, but am not being given the option to do so. I am also struggling to open pages and even typing this is proving difficult as the site is running very slow, on top of which I keep getting error messages. has the site been hacked by government agents in an attempt to sabotage my attempts to use this site?
  • steve51
    Hi @Harryfils

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am very very sorry to hear about your current problems.

I am one of the Community Champion’s.

Yes I would be more  than happy in helping/supporting “you in & around”

@steve51

This discussion has been closed.

Brightness