Lovely to be here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lovely to be here

danthegreen1
danthegreen1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Lovely to be here with you all 57 years old living in Cornwall and sufferer of BPD and Bipolar

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @danthegreen1 welcome to the community! Let us know if there is anything we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @danthegreen1 welcome to the community. 
  • yasmin
    yasmin Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Hello everyone,

This is yasmin here.

I have a 23 year old daughter.
    Her name is Anam.She had health issues right after her birth.She had the history of epilepsy throughout her childhood & teens.

At the age of fourteen,she discontinued taking epileptic medications after observing five years fit free
    period by pyshciatrist.

At the age of nineteen,her bilpoar disorder symptoms emerged.She had to put back on medications for that.She has recovered but still taking medications.
    She had been diagnosed with developmental delays and moderate learning disability.

We are British citizens,we remained out of the UK for 20 years due to husband's citizenship & his professional commitments.

Now we have returned back to the UK in September 2018.

I had my daughter enrolled with the Community People With Learning Disabilities Team. They had and are supporting my daughter.

We still are in the transition phase and we need guidance regarding my daughter's health & disability.

I have gone through the government website.
    I find useful information and advice relating to it.
    But at times,find difficulty in filling forms.

My daughter's PIP claim was a success.
    Her universal credit & carers allowance application is still undergoing.
    I am waiting for the response.

I have joined the forum because we need to understand more about this system relating to my daughter's future prospects in this country.

Thank you for bearing with me and my long post.

Take care.

Regards.

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @danthegreen1 how are you doing today? Please feel free to join our mental health discussions.
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @yasmin welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. Happy to hear you daughter is getting support. You can get in touch with your local CAB for support with filling out forms. We have some information on Universal credit and Carers allowance. Please feel free to join our parents and carers discussions.

If you have any questions, please let us know. 

Brightness