Completely alone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Completely alone

badger247
badger247 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Sorry about putting this in mental health section.

I use to be a out going friendly person, id laugh and joke, spend time with my kids, i had a close network of friends and family, nice house, nice car and a good job but now am completely alone.

It started around 3 years ago, my x-wife had someone graffiti the front of my house with some not very nice things ( rapist and pedo), which aren't true, i started recieving death treats by text and Facebook, my car and garden were vandalised, I was forced to move from my home which had been in my family for 35 years and the police did nothing, I had to change my number, get off Facebook, move to another town, lost contact with everyone including my kids, I lost my job, all because of the lies that were graffitied on my house, I don't feel safe contacting anyone because all my friends and family are close with my x-wife, now I have no one, no friends, no family, I don't talk to anyone, I don't leave the house, I've been on my own for nearly 2 years, I have no social media, no longer have a phone, I've made myself a prisoner in my own home because I feel safe in here

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @badger247 and welcome

Your story is so similar to a friend of mine, he also lost everything, house, car and children. I am sorry to say that there is no quick fix for this. Only you know the truth and no one is listening to you or your side.
    You might find that one of your old friends stays neutral at least and that is a good starting place.
    You don't say how old your children are, they are the biggest losers in this situation. Don't forget their birthdays and christmas even if just a card.
    There is little that you can do to disprove the alegations, the more you try  the worse it will get.
    Little by little the truth will come out, maintain your innocence with out shouting it from the roof tops.
    It took my friend about 10 years but now he has his children back, as they grew older they saw the inconsistancies in what they were told and had seen. It is not an easy journey you have been forced on, but there is an end to the tunnel even if you cannot see it at the moment.

There will always be someone here to talk to, so don't bottle it up

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • clarkjohnson
    clarkjohnson Community member Posts: 210 Pioneering
    Hello badger you seem to be acting like others have won hideing away ain't goin to help at all it's a sign of guilt 
  • badger247
    badger247 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    There is a lot more to the story than what was written above, that was just the last straw, i just cant go into all of it now as it drags up a lot of hurt and yes I maybe hiding away but what is the alternative, go back to being threaten on a daily basis, listening to the whispers as i stand in a shop queue, being attacked in the street?, going throw all that nearly killed me last time,

CockneyRebel is correct that you cant fight when no one is willing to listen or believe what am saying, my kids are 17, 15 and 12 now and i dod try and explain everything that was being siad was lies but they also had there mum and god knows how many others saying the opposite, now everyone think that I have taken the easy way out by running away from it all and trust me none of this has or is easy, i  miss my kids everyday and their the only reason I haven't ended my life because I still have hope that I will see them again.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi badger

One of the problems that my friend had was trying to hard. He is a devoted family man and his children were about the same age as yours. He was also accused of some of the things that you were. It is not an easy thing to fix. The old saying that time is a healer is very true. The truth will come out but you need to be patient, I know this is the hardest thing to do but you have to give your children time to find out for themselves, which they will 
    We are here to help and support you in any way we can, we do not make judgements but we are here to listen anytime
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness