Will I lose PIP if I go to the gym? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I lose PIP if I go to the gym?

Options
woods
woods Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi i have the same problem about going to the gym i recieve enhanced pip following an RTA i suffered from head injurys'epilepsy'fractured twisted spine and a snapped tibbia and fibia all i want to do is to have a social life and lose weight and feel human again but i am scared i will lose the pip i recieve

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @woods and welcome

In a perfect world you should continue to receive PIP as long as you meet the criteria. It is not unreasonable for you to want to have a social life, just because you have some difficulties you should not have to hide away. If you do go to the gym then you should not undertake any activity that is at odds with the reason for your PIP award. However, PIP is based on your condition affecting you for the majority of time so if you have 3 good days and 4 bad days, for example, then you should still meet the criteria.
    Be prepared for the jealousy factor from other people, they wouldn't want to change places with you but some do begrudge you getting benefits and going to the gym. It may also make it harder when you come up for review. I wish you the best of luck getting your life back, just be cautious
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness