My son has Polymicrogyria, and Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My son has Polymicrogyria, and Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy

THEDUKEOFNUKE
THEDUKEOFNUKE Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My son has Polymicrogyria, and Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy. My wife and I care for him with the help of our beautifull daughter who is 3. Harvey is just 13 months old and is suffering development delay. Luckily, there are very supportive people and organisations out there! We hope to make life as comfortable and fun as can be for him.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @THEDUKEOFNUKE welcome to the community! Please let us know if there is anything that we can help you with :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @THEDUKEOFNUKE I look forward to chatting with you! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Beverley_Scope
    Beverley_Scope Scope Posts: 84 Pioneering
    Hi @THEDUKEOFNUKE,

Welcome to the community.  I hope that Scope will be able to give you even more support.

I don't know when your son was diagnosed but Scope have a service called Navigate (for which I am one of the parent advisors) which you may be eligible for and could provide you with emotional support along with information and guidance.

Navigate provides a six week programme of online and telephone support to parents who have a child going through diagnosis, or who have a child who has recently been diagnosed with a disability. (within the last 12 months). The aim is to provide parents with emotional and practical support that will help them build resilience as they start their journey as a parent of a child with a disability or impairment.

If you are interested in accessing the service you can either apply online through this link https://www.scope.org.uk/family-services/navigate or by ringing 0808 801 0510.

Our lines are open Monday to Friday 9am - 8pm and Saturday 9am - 12pm.

I hope that this is of help to you.

Best wishes,
    Beverely

Beverley Davies
    Parent Advisor
    Navigate
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @THEDUKEOFNUKE :)

Brightness