can i get any financial help to get help 4 care at home? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

can i get any financial help to get help 4 care at home?

Snoopy
Snoopy Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Type your messagecan i get any fincal help to get help 4 care at home

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snoopy welcome to the community! Would you like to tell us a bit more then we can help you as much as we can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Snoopy on the AGE UK website it says:  If you are eligible for funding support, your local council could pay some or most of the fees. Your local council will carry out a care needs assessment which includes a financial assessment, called a means test, that looks at your income and savings.

If you have a significant health care need the NHS may contribute towards the cost of your care. If you’re eligible for NHS continuing healthcare, your care home placement will be free. Read more here.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Snoopy - do you want to tell us a bit more about yourself so we can see if we can help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    You could be entitled to Direct Payments from the Social Services. I use these to pay for my care.
    You`ll need a care assessment and the cost will be means tested.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Snoopy
    Your local council can help you. The council will also conduct a assessment to determine what would be best for you too. Call them on Monday. This guide to care services is also useful to read https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    This is an old thread from April and snoopy never returned. Hopefully they found the care and support they needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.