I have a night job but now social services have said it's not a good idea — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have a night job but now social services have said it's not a good idea

tiredandlonely
tiredandlonely Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2019 in Work and employment
I really want to work I love earning and being able to provide. I have a night job but now social services have said it's not a good idea that I go back because my daughter is violent and could hurt someone when I'm not there I now am too scared to go in. I will find another job but I'm so tired of doing this all alone with n9 friends or family. Is there anyone in my exact predicament out there.

Comments

• Waylay
    Waylay Community member, Scope Member Posts: 973 Pioneering
    Hi @tiredandlonely
    I'm not in your predicament, but I thought I'd welcome you to the forum. It sounds like you're in a really difficult spot! There are so many people on the forum, all with their own situations and solutions, so I hope someone can help you out!

Waylay
  • tiredandlonely
    Thank you waylay I appreciate that and I hope I do too. X
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tiredandlonely welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about your current situation. Are you looking into working from home?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • tiredandlonely
    That would be amazing but I am only trained in Care. I have no idea about working in an office environment 
  • Ami2301
    You may find the information provided in finding a job that matches your skills useful :)
  • tiredandlonely
  • Ami2301
    Also, are you receiving any emotional support from your GP?
  • benjamintolmer
    benjamintolmer Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    Yes, it may be not secure for your daughter but you can leave your daughter with any family member and use more security stuff. In this way, you can enjoy your job with relaxation.
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    Welcome,  sorry this is a problem.  How  old is she? 
    What  do you want for her, and for you, in an ideal world?

There isn't  enough information for the experts by experience here to give you their  advice. Mine will just be an idea hoping to give you a smile by suggesting  turning the tables!

Be your own Boris, go into battle mode.
    Can you, for example,  tell S.S. you will  switch to day shift,  supervise  her at weekends  and nights, drop her off at their office,  where there are professional  security staff  and expert welfare  staff on hand ? 
    What about  writing  to announce you have accepted what they said, and therefore, just because  you are so eager and willing to comply with their advice, you will in future leave her there weekdays in the mornings, so they can easily and conveniently take her to whatever  daycare they find most satisfactory, without risk to anyone.
     It seems  yet again SS are friends of the tick box, enemies of people!

Brightness