Trying to find relief from awful pain, I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Trying to find relief from awful pain, I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy

linnikins
linnikins Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am on here because I suspect I have peripheral neuropathy, my Neurologist has not confirmed and my podiatrist also does not know what’s wrong, so I am researching myself to see if I can find some relief from the awful pains and numbness in my feet.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linnikins welcome to the community! Many members of our community suffer with peripheral neuropathy, including myself. Like yourself, I had to do a lot of research as my doctor at the time was not helping in any way at all.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @linnikins
    Welcome to the community, there is some information on the NHS website about treating peripheral neuropathy though you may well have seen all this. 
    @Ami2301 when you say you had to do a lot of research, what sort of thing did that involve?

Our member @Jopeco talked about Peripheral Neuropathy here. and @kevans spoke about it here.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    A lot of reading on NHS and other websites. I spent months trying to describe this pain I was experiencing but no medical professional believed me. I couldn't sleep properly for months because I didn't know what was wrong.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Krystal
    Krystal Community member Posts: 14 Connected
    1. Hi my names Krystal l have an condition could Arachnoiditis which now I find it very difficult to walk I walk with a fram and walking sticks, mostly in a wheelchair. The pain is unbelievable I am on lots of pain killers, my damage on my spaniel area is from L4-L5, L5-S1 and S1with the nerve thickening which is what called the Arachnoiditis, I go to the Respiratory Department at ST George’s University Hospital as I have a lung disease called Bronchiectasis. I am in pain all of the time but I have been told there is not a thing that can be done due to the steroids that was injections into my lower back. The injections had a liquid in that should not have been used as it was banned from this country in 1974. I am on here as I spend a lot of time on my own and I would love to chat to anyone that feels lonely as I do. Many thanks who ever has a read of this and is unsure plz ask as many questions ???

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @Krystal welcome to the community. Thank you for sharing this with us. I'm sorry to hear this, how are you doing today?
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @linnikins how are you doing today? Has you Neurologist been in touch with you yet?
  • linnikins
    linnikins Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello, no I’ve got to wait , he is at the moment trying to get hold of my sons Neuru in South Africa to find out more info about his diagnosis for Charcot Marie tooth., so meanwhile today I managed to get my doctor to prescribe me some Axsain  cream for my feet, I heard that it really helps with the pain when walking, so il collect it tomoz and fingers crossed it might help. Have you heard of this cream?

Brightness