DWP home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP home visit

Michelleidb
Michelleidb Community member Posts: 5 Listener
I have been diagnosed  with Crohns disease now for 11 and getting my first DWP home visit next week and I'm really nervous about it, has anyone had one?

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Michelleidb how are you doing today? There's some information on DWP home visits, from the GOV.UK website. I can understand how you feel and a lot of our members have felt nervous too. Please let us know if you have any questions. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Michelleidb welcome to the community! I have my first home assessment in a few weeks too. You're now part of a supportive community and we will do our best to help ease your nerves :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Michelleidb
    Thank you, I just don't know what to expect, it's making me anxious?
  • mercedesbd
    mercedesbd Community member Posts: 109 Courageous
    Thank you, I just don't know what to expect, it's making me anxious?
    Think positive. I see on here before the woman went to the wrong address and assessed the wrong person before lol 
  • Michelleidb
    Lol that's ridiculous  ?
  • yanhow1
    yanhow1 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    I had a home visit due to take place last week, the assessor did not even turn up, 
    when I rang capita to find out where they were I was treated like it was my fault and I should ring back after 24hrs to find out why the assessor could not interview me,
    when I rang they told me the person had left without notice ! No apology or anything.
     I was then told there were no home visits available for months so I had to take an assessment centre appointment.
    Try not to worry, have someone with you for support and think of the assessor as just a person, that’s all they are.
    good luck with everything.
  • Michelleidb
    Thanks so much, the way they treat people is shocking!
  • Michelleidb
    So I had my visit! The women was fine not very chatty and I ended up feeling very depressed discussing my issues , it's amazing how you just learn to live with your ailments but talking about is so hard for me. She said I will hear back in 6 weeks, fingers crossed ?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Michelleidb, fingers crossed for you!
    It can be difficult and quite confronting having to discuss issues so you've done really well. Let us know when you hear back. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness