FLASHBACKS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

FLASHBACKS

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi been along night CARL58 having flashbacks it's the worst I've ever seen him have all grounding Technics didnt work , managed in the end gave him a couple of sleepers he's now out for the count sorry I'm on here alot but my family is in Canada, I think I've mentioned that before this is what psychiatrists, social workers etc don't understand  all you get is it runs deep and difficult wanted to see a psychologist but the waiting list is so long been waiting 2yrs Already well I'm going for a nod while he's peaceful have nice day all jen

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi Jen, I am sorry to hear this, glad to hear he is getting some rest now. No worries at all, that's why we're here. The members are here to listen to you and support you and @CARL58 . That is a long wait maybe you can inform your GP to see what else is available, like support groups. Please keep us updated when you can and I hope today goes well.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Jen, sorry to hear that Carl is experiencing flashbacks, they can be quite frightening! I've been experiencing flashbacks for almost a year now, I really struggled with my sleep but since my ICU reviews, they have calmed down.

Did the ICU staff warn you that he may experience flashbacks after being sedated? 
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi Jen, I've removed your most recent post in this thread as this is obviously a public forum and I feel the content in that post should only be disclosed by CARL58 himself/with his permission.
    Thank you for all your updates. You're a really good friend and I'm sure he's very grateful for your support.

How are you doing? This must all be taking its toll on you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • CARL58
    CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
    Adrian_scope I'm so so sorry didn't realize I'm ok thanks just Keep plodding along as nobody else will sometimes it feels your on autopilot jen
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi Jen
    No problem at all, please don't worry about it. :)
    Do make sure you're taking care of yourself too. When looking after someone it can be very easy to neglect your own needs. 
    Thank you for all your updates about @CARL58
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness