Appeal Form - how to word my husbands disagreement with MR disallowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Appeal Form - how to word my husbands disagreement with MR disallowance

Maxinus
Maxinus Community member Posts: 43 Connected
Could you please give me any advice on how to actually word the basis for our disagreement on the initial appeal document? does it have to be in depth or just a brief summary with all supporting evidence to follow?, how does the process work and do you have to state at that stage if someone is representing you? or if you will be attending in person?  Thank you

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    You do not need to go into detail on the SSCS1. Once your appeal is accepted you will be sent a bundle of all the evidence used to make the decision.You should check to make sure that all your evidence is included and then use this to make your submission.
    If you can get trained help from an agency near you then that would be the best bet
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Maxinus
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Hi cockneyrebel when you get letter they have your tribunal how long do you wait to go to it 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Dotty

Waiting times for tribunals vary from area to area, most are running with long delays, a year or more is not uncommon
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Maxinus
    can you submit your initial appeal form on line?
  • Dotty123
    Wow do you still get paid while waiting 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Dotty123 said:
    Wow do you still get paid while waiting 
    yes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Hi it’s me the pain I got letter from tribunal saying received my tribunal appeal dated 17/4 received Easter sat ,I rang like you said tues when opened they say they have not a letter for me to get backdated money said someone will ring me today no call ,how do I get my money do I ring tribunal what 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,349 Disability Gamechanger
    Dotty123 said:
    Hi it’s me the pain I got letter from tribunal saying received my tribunal appeal dated 17/4 received Easter sat ,I rang like you said tues when opened they say they have not a letter for me to get backdated money said someone will ring me today no call ,how do I get my money do I ring tribunal what 
    Dotty, i have advised you already on this on a few threads now. There's nothing you can do until DWP receive acknowledgement from the Tribunal. Once they receive this then payments can still take a few weeks to start back up.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Dotty123
    Oh ok sorry to ask again

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.