Chronic Headaches — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Chronic Headaches

Hello,

I wonder if anyone has any ideas or tips for easing an headache? I've had chronic headaches since the 90's, I have them every single day, they range from moderate to severe, I also have neck pain. I have tried several times to get help but nothing has worked. I'm sat here with quite a bad headache atm and I'm sure it's because I'm stressed out. 

I also have severe anxiety/agoraphobia, probably social anxiety and GAD, depression and fibromyalgia. So I have a lot of different things going on at once and honestly, every day is a struggle. I'm very stressed due to having a pip review assessment on the 4th.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    edited April 2019
    You say you suffer long periods of headaches, are you sure you not suffering acute migraines also? You might also be suffering cluster headaches.

If so,

I take these for migraine sumatriptan as I suffer badly too from migraine they help, but you might suffer the following.

Sumatriptan is effective for ending or relieving the intensity of migraine and cluster headaches. It is most effective when taken early after the start of the pain. Injected sumatriptan is more effective than other formulations.

The more common side effects that can occur with use of sumatriptan tablets include:
    • feeling warm or cold.
    • tingling or prickling sensations in your skin.
    • pressure or pain in your chest, neck, jaw, or throat.
    • dizziness.
    • tiredness.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Try talking to your local pharmacist, they may be able to suggest something
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    Thanks @Government_needs_reform I've tried getting a lot of help over the years, had eyes and ears tested, tried migraine meds, physio, acupuncture, but sadly none of it has worked. The headaches are there constantly, I never have a day where my head doesn't hurt and it's been that way since the 90's. I have no idea what the headaches are :( I do see a diagnoses of Vertigo on my records but I don't think that causes chronic headaches does it?

@CockneyRebel Not sure if a pharmacist could help with me already trying different things :/ I was once told by a GP that not even cocaine would help (weird thing to say which is why I remembered it). Thank you for the advice :)
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Pharmacists are the experts in prescription and non prescription medications, a bit like mad scientists. Most pharmacies now have a private consultancy room and it is a walk in service so you have nothing to lose
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • [Deleted User]
     I suppose I could get my son to ask for me, I don't go out really due to my anxiety, my Son tends to do things on my behalf.

Thank you @CockneyRebel :)
    edited April 2019
    @WF2k your welcome? I've tried a few of what you have had but none work either, the pharmacist wasn't any help to me, not saying they aren't to others.

I always have that niggling light headache daily and then a full blow migraine once a week and carry's on for around three days I've tried many pills too, but none don't ever get rid of them.?

Its not Vertigo for me I don't mind heights.

I think we will have to live with them till death methinks, unless I or you unleash a hammer blow to the head? 

No seriously I hate them I've tried even changing my food to see if that helped but No.

If you ever find a way let me know.?
    ⬇️
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

• [Deleted User]
     :D 

It's a pain in the neck (literally lol). 

Vertigo is dizziness :D It says you can get headaches with Vertigo but are they chronic like mine or one's that come and go.. I have no idea.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/knowledge/160900/vertigo-causes-symptoms-treatments 

Yeah, I'll let you know if I find anything, the assistant practice manager has addressed the headaches in her response to a letter I sent to her, on my patient summary it says my headaches are inactive along with some others thing, but they aren't so I was asking about that, along with a lot of other queries I had, it seems like she thinks I haven't actually asked for help for the headaches but I have, from the GP's at the previous medical centre I was with, I've been pretty proactive in regards to my mental and physical health, it's only since things aren't helping that I've really started to give up, plus my anxiety is worse and I find it very hard to attend appointments.
    edited April 2019
    @WF2k Bad iam ? I was meant to put dizziness as I just lay down to I feel able to do more,  but it's to late to edit it.? now.
    ⬇️

• [Deleted User]
    @Government_needs_reform haha it's ok! I have brain farts fairly often lol, that's my excuse for when I make mistakes anyone ;)

Brightness