Pip form just arrived — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip form just arrived

CARL58
CARL58 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
Hi what a weekend to receive pip form today I'm not even going to open it,CARL58 needs a quiet weekend I don't want it ruining it because he will worry and make himself ill again,he's peaceful at the moment, I've got all the answers to the questions already in shorthand just needs putting on the dreaded form been working on them every evening.plus if a assessment is actually needed I will inform them I'll be taking notes to every question, even how the assessor is with CARL58. one thing does worry me if he feels trapped or doesn't understand a question he becomes frustrated ,anxious, he gets abusive which he doesn't have any control over and that is a real concern it's his brain injury which causes these out burst's,it's no good them firing questions at him ,as he has difficulty understanding them they would have to be repedative and speak slowly until he grasps what there on about,even I have to repeat myself over and over but I know CARL58  they don't.jen

Comments

• zakblood
    zakblood Community member Posts: 419 Pioneering
    good luck, and yes not the news anyone wants to hear over a bank holiday weekend, when most are outside enjoying themselves, seems we are inside, or i know i am, in my comfort zone and on the pc, safe and in control, as per normal for me.

wish you both all the best and fingers crossed it all goes well for you both, so good luck again, and Tuesday will be fine, nobody open or you can't do anything now anyway, i have loads of forms to send back and appeals stuff to write and groups to contact, but wasn't told in time to do diddly squat, so in the same boat, so just trying to take my mind off it also, get the blood pressure down a bit, and stay cool and calm.

and prepare,....
  • twonker
    twonker Posts: 617 Pioneering
    ilovecats said:
    CARL58 said:
    one thing does worry me if he feels trapped or doesn't understand a question he becomes frustrated ,anxious, he gets abusive which he doesn't have any control over and that is a real concern it's his brain injury which causes these out burst's,
    Be aware that if you write this on the form then you will definitely not get a home visit. 
    Maybe that is also why I was refused one too. I also had a history of being sectioned because of that problem along with police reports of going missing. Didn't make any difference though. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.