Help needed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help needed

ollieandduke
ollieandduke Community member Posts: 174 Courageous
I rang esa last week because my medical was cancelled. I was told my forms were sent back to dwp assessors based on a paper desicion.
I rang dwp and was told I had been put back in support group but didnt yet know the timescale.
A friend of mine had her medical same week and was notified yesterday so ive rang this morning and was told no decision has been made. I informed the lady I was told last week ive been put back in the support group and the lady ssid whoever told you that shouldnt have because no decision as been made whatsoever.
Has anyone else had this happen based on a paper based medical.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,360 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It seems like the person you spoke to last week obviously looked at the screen and seen Support Group and assumed that was the decision. There's nothing you can do until a decision's been made. If the report has definitely been returned then the good news is you can't be found fit for work.

Have you requested a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ollieandduke
    I didnt think i could until my desicion letter came through
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2019
    If you live in the UK then yes they'll send the report before the decision's been made. If you speak to someone that refuses, just ring back to speak to some different chances are they'll happily send it to you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • ollieandduke
  • ollieandduke
    Ive just received a letter from dwp telling me my rates from april to november 2019. It doesnt mention the medical but im wondering does this mean im in the support group till november 2019. Im wondering if this is a basic letter or something to do with my assessment x
  • poppy123456
    It's impossible to answer that question. Although as you rang ESA this morning and you were told a decision hasn't been made then i doubt very much it's a decision letter. All you can do is ring then back because they are the only ones that can answer your question.
  • ollieandduke
    Yeah i think your right but i was just thinking i was supposed to go for a medical 18th april and it was cancelled that was just 8 days ago so i reckon its just the yearly rate letter they send you im just getting jittery not knowing i really think its horrible going for a medical then they leave you hanging for months waiting for an answer thanks anyway i reckon i will ring tomorrow smackbon 8am to ask for my assessor report
  • ollieandduke
    Up date all on my assessment i didnt have to go for medical so ive been waitinhg to hear whats going on.
    Dwp rang this morning based on medical evidence from my doctor, i have been put back into the support group for 2 years. Ive asked for the report to tell me whats been said and they are sending it to me.
    Many thanks for all advice given
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @ollieandduke, that's great news, you must be very relieved!
    Thank you for updating us. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ollieandduke

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.