Have I been advised correctly? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have I been advised correctly?

kelly123
kelly123 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I received a letter for ibr/esa rebate. I filled it in sent it back and They received it back on 13 dec. I’m starting to worry a bit now as I’ve phoned them numerous times and have been advised it would be around 12 weeks. The last time I spoke to them they informed me it had been with the processing department then the checking team and now finally back at the last stage with processing again. She also made it quite clear that not everyone is awarded a rebate. 
Does anyone know how the process works and if I’ve been advised correctly as I feel they are not telling me everything they know 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,347 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The backlogs for this are huge are some have already got to 20 weeks and still haven't heard anything. The 12 week time scale was before they contacted everyone and this has now been massively increased. Unfortunately, there's nothing more you can do but wait for a decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @kelly123. :)

Sorry we don't have any good news for you regarding this, but Poppy is correct, there is a huge backlog and there doesn't seem to be a set time frame for decisions at the moment. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.