blue badges — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

blue badges

peterloach
peterloach Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited May 2019 in Transport and travel
I have Parkinson's, but I am still pretty active and can walk. I lost my driving licence due to Parkinson's earlier this year. My problem is that when I am driven to a supermarket often there is insufficient space to open the car door wide enough for me to get in/out especially when I become rigid. But I don't qualify for a "full" blue badge so I cannot use the wider disabled parking bays at shops. I also have problems standing for long periods on buses and trains! 
Is there anything I can do to get a "limited" blue badge?

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @peterloach, Hello and welcome, as a blue badge user myself I have not heard of limited use Blue Badges, you may need to contact your local council who issue badges and plead your case for the need of a blue badge. Good luck and keep us updated.
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Blue badges are issued by the local council. Contact your local council tomorrow morning to discuss how you can apply for one. My son’s amazing social worker was the only person who answered my questions and helped me out with the paperwork to get one. Best of luck and please keep us updated. 

Brightness