Backdated ESA payments - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated ESA payments

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    As you seem to have received the breakdown from between those dates then i'd advise you to take all the paper work to a local advice centre near you and they will take a look at it to see if it's correct. Unless you understand the benefits system then you won't understand the breakdown of payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • jakki31
    jakki31 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    As you seem to have received the breakdown from between those dates then i'd advise you to take all the paper work to a local advice centre near you and they will take a look at it to see if it's correct. Unless you understand the benefits system then you won't understand the breakdown of payments.
    OK thanks for you're help I will do that 
  • Dotty123
    Dotty123 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Hi me again sorry as you no I got my tribunal letter Easter Saturday you said ring esa on Tuesday I did they say not got letter I offered them my ref number they say don’t need it iv rang everyday to see if progressed no I got jobcentre to scan my letter over iv emailed court for them to do same today rang not got it what do I have to do to get my backdated money iv had none since feb still can’t get it sorry to bother you again your only one replies
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Hi me again sorry as you no I got my tribunal letter Easter Saturday you said ring esa on Tuesday I did they say not got letter I offered them my ref number they say don’t need it iv rang everyday to see if progressed no I got jobcentre to scan my letter over iv emailed court for them to do same today rang not got it what do I have to do to get my backdated money iv had none since feb still can’t get it sorry to bother you again your only one replies
    It's fine Dotty, no worries.

I really don't know what else you can do. Have you contacted your local CAB to see if they can assist you with this? They can ring DWP on your behalf to see what's going on. Sometimes with DWP you have to be firm (not angry or nasty) just firm, otherwise they will give you the run around, like they're doing now.

I really have no idea why they haven't received anything from HMCTS or why they refuse to take your reference number off you. Did they say why they don't need the reference number?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Dotty123
    Said waiting for letter 
  • Dotty123
    Good news rang esa today and they have my letter from court thank you for putting up with me 
  • poppy123456
    That's great news @Dotty123 ....finally. You're welcome, anytime! xx
  • Dotty123
    Hi got email from dwp saying payment to bank end of 30/4/19 Grt thank you for all your help 
  • Dotty123
    Is my money backdated to feb when stopped at £73.10 week xx
  • poppy123456
    edited April 2019
    Yes it should be backdated and yes it's £73.10 per week while you wait for the Tribunal.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's good news @Dotty123! I'm sorry I've not been able to advise with all your queries about this, but you've been in great hands with @poppy123456
    Keep us updated while you wait for your tribunal. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dotty123
    Thank you you poppy helped me lot 
  • Dotty123
    Got my backdated money thank you xx
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Great news!! You're welcome, as always xx
  • Dotty123
    Do you no how long it takes to get tribunal date is it weeks months x
  • poppy123456
    Dotty123 said:
    Do you no how long it takes to get tribunal date is it weeks months x
    It's months i'm afraid. Sorry to say but backlogs are huge so don't expect anything soon as some are waiting in excess of 1 year. Your ESA will of course continue while you wait but you'll need to keep sending those sick notes in. x
  • Dotty123
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Dotty123 said:
    Great news! 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • lucysam5
    lucysam5 Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    Hi I am a bit puzzled here  I was on incapacity benefit  from year 2000 until 2013 & changed to E S A today the present day could I request to see if I qualify  for any back payment  
  • Dotty123
    Yes try can’t hurt to try 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.