Good result from ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Good result from ESA

Options
PennyFarthing
PennyFarthing Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Further to the question about ESA stopping, I phoned up DWP today.  I had to wait on the line for over half an hour, but at least the call was free.  I explained to the lady on the line that my son used to get DLA and ESA, but now that he has been moved over to PIP, he no longer gets ESA.  She was very helpful and talked to someone her end to find out what had happened as ESA is independent of DLA and PIP, and is not means tested.  She came back on the line to say that not only had she re-instated the ESA, but that my son will be getting a large back payment for the money he should have got.  It is well worth phoning the DWP and the lady I spoke with couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.  

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @PennyFarthing

First of all, welcome to the community, it's good to have you with us. :)

What great news, I'm very pleased for your son and glad that he didn't have to fight for what he was entitled to. Thank you for sharing this positive story with us! 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.