Partner just diagnosed with MS — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Partner just diagnosed with MS

hammiemad
hammiemad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi my partner has just been diagnosed with MS ever since hes gone to the pub everyday I'm accused of being a control freak if I txt or phone and I get accused of all sorts.
Instead of feeling sympathetic and understanding I feel resentful and cold towards him.
I'm ill myself please can you give me some advice all I want to do is cry.x

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hammiemad welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear what has been happening. I just want to reassure you that you're safe with us, do you think this is how he is coping with his recent diagnosis?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @hammiemad welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear this, how are you doing today? 
    You may find contacting the MS Society helpful, they have a helpline where you can receive support. It's open from Monday- Friday, 9am-7pm. Like Ami says you are safe with, please keep us updated and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.
  • hammiemad
    hammiemad Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Yes I think this is how hes coping but it's not right I've tried gently reasoning with him but one minute hes sorry and apologectic next I am a controlling it's like walking on egg shells

Brightness