Childcare provider issues — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Childcare provider issues

April2018mom
April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
Yesterday afternoon a childcare provider bullied my son. I had to go to work so I hired someone else to provide temporary childcare each week for a set number of hours. The childcare provider basically didn’t help my son when he stumbled when they were in town at a shop waiting to pay.
She said “Get back in line”. I’m so mad at her I want to fire her. This is not the first time it’s happened either. She’s cruel and unprofessional constantly. How do I make a official complaint about her to social services? I can’t stand her. 

Comments

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Hi @April2018mom I am really sorry to hear this. How are you and your son doing today? 

I am not very sure, but there's some information from GOV.UK website on making a complaint

I hope this helps, if not please do get back to us and hopefully some of our members may have some suggestions.
  • April2018mom
    I’m feeling better today. I cancelled the childcare provider and then I took both kids with me to work. This is the first time I’ve cancelled.
    Tomorrow morning I will email the company to see if they can find another childcare provider. I’m not impressed with our current childcare provider she’s flaky at times as well when she should be working for me. She’s unpredictable and unprofessional and disrespectful. 
    I’m thinking of making a official complaint about her. I regret not checking references. Thanks for the link. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Hi @April2018mom glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. That sounds like a good idea, I hope they can find a childcare provider as soon as possible. That's not right, I am sorry you had to experience that. Please do not be hard on yourself. No problem at all, please keep us updated.
  • April2018mom
    I’m actually feeling a lot more better now. I just finished interviewing another childcare provider this afternoon and I have a couple more potential applicants to interview tomorrow. My decision will be based on my observations during the interview as well as what I see online as well. 
    I have emailed them to see what they can do. No response yet. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    I am happy to hear this @April2018mom , yes that would be helpful to check some reviews too and how well you interact with them. All the best with the interviewing process. :)
  • April2018mom
    I finally found a good candidate for the moment. I interviewed a couple of potential childcare students studying at the local community college and offered one of them a job. They are starting Monday morning first thing while I’m observing them to see how they can cope with my kids. I asked questions about their level of experience and skills as well during our short face to face interview today. 
  • Antonia_Alumni
    Hi @April2018mom brilliant! Happy to hear this, I hope it's all going well so far?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How did the observation go @April2018mom, did they seem a good fit for your children? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    Sorry for not replying.
    Yes she seemed suitable. Today I left her to entertain them as I needed to go to work and I came back after two hours to her actively babysitting for me. So I’m impressed so far. We are slowly building up to five hours. She still needs her enhanced police clearance check but we are on top of that. She started working for me yesterday afternoon following the interview on Monday morning. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's great news, I hope she continues to work out well and is a good fit for your family. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness