Has anyone else got any stories to share? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Has anyone else got any stories to share?

Yvonne01
Yvonne01 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, I am Angela, I am a new comer to this site, but have been suffering from a Mental Health problem for over 10 years now ;-(.  It can seem very stressful at times, but you can get through it if you try!!!  Has anyone else got any stories to share????? ;-)

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger

Hello @Yvonne01 Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this. You not alone with your mental health issues. Many members have similar problems and issues. Including my self.

I have anxiety and depression.

How are you coping?  Are you receiving any support and guidance with your mental health?

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

We have a dedicated member of our team if you wish to post any questions.

@MickConnon_Scope who deals with any thing mental health.

He will get back to you.

Please have a look around our website. We are friendly.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Yvonne01

Welcome it’s great to meet you today??

I am also a Community Champion here at Scope.

Yes I also suffer mental health problems.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with?????

@steve51
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Yvonne01 and a warm welcome to the community! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us today! How are you doing today? You may find the mental health board interesting to look through. Please do let us know if there is anything we can do to help :)
    Scope

• Yvonne01
    Hi Chloe, thanks for the welcome, I am doing ok thanks, I am hoping to make some new friends on here too, or just others, I can help, that is the best Medicine!!!!
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    No problem at all @Yvonne01, that's great to hear! I'm sure you'll be a great help to the community :)
    Scope

• Antonia_Alumni
    Antonia_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,780 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @Yvonne01 :) Thanks for joining us. We have some guest posts on mental health, please feel free to have a read. If you have any questions, please let us know.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Nice to meet you @Yvonne01! Look forward to hearing more about you. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    HI Yvonne01 I Have mental health problems to with Severe Depression and Anxiety for a long time now and have had a lot of help with things and just to talk to on the site and then there is my cat sally in the picture she is like a mum with me and is 18 now and follows me every where like a shadow.
  • Yvonne01
    Hi Gerald, She is beautiful, I used to have a cat but he got lost when I moved house ;-(.  They are perfect companions, no hassle!! I have had mental health problems for the last 12 or so years now, it can seem hard at times, but I we get through it Xxxx
  • Gerald
    Gerald Community member Posts: 214 Pioneering
    Yvonne01 said:
    Hi Gerald, She is beautiful, I used to have a cat but he got lost when I moved house ;-(.  They are perfect companions, no hassle!! I have had mental health problems for the last 12 or so years now, it can seem hard at times, but I we get through it Xxxx
    Hi Yvonne01 sorry you lost your cat sally is all ways by my side as for her sister makes me happy with how she is still in kitten mode at 7  her name gives you a clue how she its scooby-doo as its where are you now and what are you doing now as to she still keeps taking sally teddy bear and put it in her hiding place for her toys and all i get is sally looking at me has thought to say see i new that she was going to be trouble
  • Yvonne01
    I love cats, but have decided, that I am going to get a little dog from now on, for my Son's benefit, because he ll be able to take it on walks, to the beach etc, he will love it!!!!!

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's a great idea @Yvonne01! My daughters have both been after a dog for a while and I'm starting to come around to the idea. I think they'll really benefit from the companionship.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness