ptp tribunal advice please - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ptp tribunal advice please

Comments

• mic67
    mic67 Community member Posts: 38 Listener
    hello again just want to ask if anyone has any idea of the time it takes after dwp request the SOR, ive not heard anything at all ...i won my tribunal on 13th decemeber,  many thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Providing they request it within 1 month of the date of the decision there's no timescales to how long it takes to receive it. If you haven't heard anything give DWP a ring for an update because they are the only ones that can tell you what's happening for sure.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mic67
    Thanks, as always :) 
    so i dont contact the court at all? just dwp?
  • poppy123456
    I would say DWP because they're the ones requesting the SOR.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mic67
    Thankyou, do you know if theres a special dept/number to call? 
  • poppy123456
    Just PIP. 0800 1214433
  • mic67
  • mic67
    Hello AGAIN!! sorry to be a pest, i got a letter today saying...*A district judge has said that the tribunal has no power to enforce its decisions--and i should contact dwp to put the decision into effect*  Im so confused, can anyone tell me what this means please? many thanks as always  
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2019
    It simply means that HMCTS can't force DWP to pay you what they owe you. I really think you're looking into this too much. As advised it can take 8 weeks for DWP to pay any backdated money owed. As they've asked for the SOR all you can do is wait.

Did you contact DWP as advised?
  • mic67
    thanks for replying...I dont understand why they have sent a letter saying only that? theres no mention of SOR in the letter  and the last bit where it says i have to contact dwp to put the decision into effect? what does that mean?  

i havent rung dwp since i got the letter today

• poppy123456
    Please ring DWP tomorrow morning and they will tell you what's happening because i can't help you further with this but DWP will.
  • mic67
    will do   thanks
  • mic67
    Hello again. i called dwp last week as suggested, they fobbed me off saying that i would be notified by letter, i rang again today to be told the dwp had in fact  missed the one month deadline for requesting an SOR and are now appealing to get an extension! Im absolutley gobsmacked how they can do this!? any advice would be most welcome :)
  • poppy123456
    You really need to get some expert face to face advice regarding this. Please contact an advice centre near you. CAB, welfare rights or a law centre.
  • mic67
    I will contact welfare rights tomorrow thnaks. i was just hoping someone on here may have had a similar experience 
  • mic67
    Hello, not sure if you can still see my previous msges as its been a while! Im still no nearer to getting the pip i was awarded almost 5 months ago, i involved my MP who wrote to DWP and HMCT but still waiting, does anyone have any advice please?
  • poppy123456
    Sounds like they are appealing the decision, have you rang DWP to ask?
  • mic67
    phoned several times, the dwp were too late requesting the SOR -but then they appealed and the judge allowed it! 
    all i get told is that the DWP STILL have not received the SOR, its 5 months since the tribunal now
    its a joke how they treat people
  • benjamintolmer
    benjamintolmer Community member Posts: 28 Connected
    edited May 2019
    You really need to get some expert face to face advice regarding this. Please contact an advice centre near you. CAB, welfare rights or a law centre.
    yes, that's better for you
    mic67 :/
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited May 2019
    mic67 said:
    all i get told is that the DWP STILL have not received the SOR, its 5 months since the tribunal now
    I can only really echo the advice given above.

It's rare but unfortunately the judge can take as long as they want to write the SOR. Have you tried contacting the court clerk to chase it up? The DWP aren't going to push them for it and as they've requested it, they aren't required to do anything with your claim until it's received, so it's worth you doing. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.